Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
I've done an appeal at Valuation Service Tribunal over council tax reduction. Who can I speak to?
Hi everybody, my is Jo I am a 65 years old woman who suffers from a painful medical condition called Sickle Cell Disease. As a disabled vulnerable tenant with my council for over thirty years they are saying I'm not eligible for a council tax band reduction they have not communicated with me for 2 years even with their final decision so I have registered an appeal at the Valuation Service Tribunal for a council tax band reduction no hearing date set as yet. I'm now looking for a caseworker to represent my case Has any body else been in a similar situation who did you speak to how did it go and what was your outcome Thanks for reading this and look forward to hearing from you.
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 759 Work and employment
- 577 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.