Music Nostalgia - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Music Nostalgia

Options
2»

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Ideally, I'd download all of my music at a high quality and store it locally on my devices, but the time commitment required is too much for me at this time. I spent a few years doing it that way and it became impossible to maintain because I wanted to get so much. 

I resorted to just using Spotify, which is really straight forward to use and works well with smart speakers. Not a fan of the audio quality it provides though, I'm hoping they launch an HD service one day like Amazon or Tidal.

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • chloeblue04
    chloeblue04 Community member Posts: 234 Pioneering
    Options
    You know what will be nice when it comes to music nostalgia for me is to listen to music from the mowtown, soul, hip hop and R'n'b from the 80's, 90's, 2000's and 2010's on Youtube music. To be honest with you I never listen to music on the radio. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Options
    Yep I really can't wait for Spotify Hi-Fi @mikehughescq, it's long overdue in my opinion. Good to know it has brought the price of your subscription down, I imagine that the smaller service providers like Quobuz are quite worried about Spotify entering the high quality music streaming scene.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Options
    Certainly will @mikehughescq, as long as people have the right hardware to make CD quality worthwhile it will be interesting to see how they react to having something that sounds much better than standard 320kbps.

Hoping that Spotify set a release date soon, the longer it goes I'll worry that it'll be pushed back to 2022.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.