Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
UC coming off it as family supporting me now
we are currently receiving UC as a joint account, i also receive CA for caring for my husband, and he receives PIP for his mobility and daily living, we have a company of our own which we only keep open to enable the young lads working for us to earn a wage as they have young families. I am thinking of coming off UC now as I have to go and look after my mother due to stroke happening in the stem of the brain, my husband also has cancer, heart failure and AF, along with diabetic problems and respiratory problems. We have no savings, but I feel because the family have now said they are willing to support us, I feel I should come off UC as I will have an income from them for caring. I would need to know what to say to UC
- 50.3K All Categories
- 9.9K Start here and say hello!
- 4.3K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 137 Community updates
- 11.6K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 684 Work and employment
- 538 Education
- 1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 952 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 255 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 252 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.9K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.3K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.1K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.7K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 611 Chronic pain and pain management
- 667 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 724 Autism and neurodiversity
- 871 Mental health and wellbeing
- 290 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.