I completed my PIP review, and told them I now have mobility issues. Will I have another assessment? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I completed my PIP review, and told them I now have mobility issues. Will I have another assessment?

kaishalewis
kaishalewis Community member Posts: 52 Courageous
edited April 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I got my form for a pip review three weeks ago filled it in and sent it back they still havent recieved it. Im scared witless that im going to loss my award of standard rate care as i told them on the form that i now have mobility issues and have read everywhere that i cld loss the standard rate care that i already have ?‍♀️Dreading another assesment working myself up into a mess and they still havent even received the form back is there usually a backlog of forms being put on system? Will i need  deffo need another assesment? Please help a worried woman out lol stay well stay safe x

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    hi @kaishalewis and welcome to scope, it can take sometime for them to get it on their system, I think atm you have 3 months to return these forms anyway (?), 
    As to wether you will need an assessment non of can answer that, but it's a distinct possibility.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

Yes it can take a while for them to get onto the system mine took 3 weeks and that wasn't during pandemic 

As above you currently get 3 months to return them so you don't have to worry 

Most people do have an assessment and if can take a while before this happens 

It is all a long process which is why they allow 6 months for reviews 

A review is just like a new application and they look at all elements so yes some people do lose what they have but some get higher awards as well 

Fingers crossed let us know how you get on 
  • kaishalewis
    kaishalewis Community member Posts: 52 Courageous
    Thankyou for replying fingers crossed all goes ok i will let you know how it goes x

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.