Hi, my name is cliffc! What could I claim? — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Hi, my name is cliffc! What could I claim?

cliffc Member Posts: 3 Listener
hi i am about to get my state pension i dont have saving or any other income just now i.m on esa till 11 may then pesion what i need to know can i still claim severely disable payment and disability income guarantee with my state pension or what could i claim thx


  • janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 12,915 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

    Do you claim pip ? 

    I'm not sure about the things you mention but I an sure others will have more knowledge 
    I have professional experience in HR within public,  private, and charity sectors.  If I can help I will 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Member Posts: 3,421 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 23
    Assuming you are single, when you claim your State Pension you can apply for Pension Credit also. Did you do this?
    Pension Credit will top up your income if it is below a certain amount. It can include the Severe Disability Premium but there is no equivalent of disability income guarantee.
    For a single person with Pension Credit including SDP your weekly income (including the State Pension) would be £244.40.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Posts: 6,686

    Scope community team

    Welcome to the community @cliffc :) Have you had a chance to take a look at the above replies yet? 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

    Want to tell us how we're doing? Complete our feedback form now.
  • cliffc
    cliffc Member Posts: 3 Listener
    i like to thank people for there help in advising me what i may be entittled to once again many thx


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.