What's occupying your time? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What's occupying your time?

Options
2»

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Ross_Scope
    sounds fantastic I find reading tiring so this would help. Are you familiar with claroread software I think its called or it might be dragon, I get the two mixed up, it reads text out loud I am getting it for university 
    I've heard of Dragon but not used it before. I hope you find it helpful :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • MrsRFW
    MrsRFW Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    @Georgiana_Scope hi there, I am volunteering for a toddler group which I used to take my boys to. It has been adapted to keep people safe from each other by giving families a square to occupy. They bring their own picnic blankets and food and us volunteers carefully go around the families to ask how they are. I was doing the spoken version of the hokey cokey on stage last week and encouraging the kids to join in. Loved it! It is good to provide support for others. These groups were a lifeline for me when my boys were little.
  • Georgiana_Alumni
    Georgiana_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 47 Connected
    Options
    @MrsRFW
    That;s wonderful that you can give back to a organisation that helped you so much in the past, Sounds like a lot of fun! Hope you continue to enjoy it !
  • cat_hug
    cat_hug Community member Posts: 161 Pioneering
    Options
    My time has been occupied with trying to stay alive and fighting my PIP appeal. From being refused daily living, to losing ftt and now ut.
    In between, having heart procedures, blackouts, losing consciousness, head injuries, other injuries, another heart op and now asking for a set aside with UT.
    Aside from that, both my kids came home for lockdown. One suffers bipolar and anxiety disorder, so dealing with her difficulties when she went missing, got arrested and sectioned.
    My son has epilepsy and had a couple of grand msl seizures when we couldn't get his meds owing to him still being registered with hp in London.
    Then a month in hospital for me.
    Between these however, for first in my life tried my hand at gardening and have proudly got some beautiful red tulips and purple muscari growing from bulbs I planted ??
  • Pixie51
    Pixie51 Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
    Options
    Study study and more study! Lol shopping for my grandson who is due in 3 weeks and gardening! 
    Yoga heals the soul ??
  • Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
    Options
    Back to gardening at first now shops are open. Trouble is my wife wants pebbles spread all over most of it, 4 heavy bags full to spread and I can't help her because of my problems.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It sounds as though there's a lot of gardening going on! I don't have a garden, so I'm not able to plant anything outside really, but I do have a cactus plant kit that I've been meaning to get started on. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Options
    Yes to the gardening!

Back to lawn-mowing season. When the weather's right for it, anyway. That's good, because it doubles up as a bit of extra exercise. And hopefully, it will help me to get fit enough to start venturing out for some longer walks and rambles, as everything opens up again. 

Basically, I'm looking forward to occupying my time with anything that gets me out in the fresh air. It's been a long winter for us all! 
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Georgiana_Alumni
    Georgiana_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 47 Connected
    Options
    after so many others said they were doing it I thought I'd pick up on learning german and I'm using duolingo. Its amazing that you get it for free just putting up with the ads but sometimes I want to pick up the pace a bit which I think I would be able to if I upgraded for a fee. I'm doing a couple of hours minimum every day and have even set a timer on my phone to do some before work each day! I love it ! I hated it at school to start with but once I applied myself I grew really good and now I love it. Have even topped the leader board a few times - probably down to the amount of time I am spending. Bring on another trip to Berlin to order a schnitzel!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.