Still waiting for pip assess, making OCD & anxiety worse, — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Still waiting for pip assess, making OCD & anxiety worse,

ali2021
ali2021 Community member Posts: 23 Listener
edited April 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi ! I’m still waiting to hear from the pip assessors to arrange my assessment. It’s been 9 weeks, I know this isn’t a long time and I’m not moaning about that. It’s making my anxiety and OCD through the roof ?plus I’ve had to give up work and now my employer is being a nightmare, sorry guys I just needed a bit of a rant ?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

No problem about the rant the process takes a long time try and not think about it as the assessment can be a long way off yet 

As for work if you need any advice just ask I have lots of experience in human resources and employment issues 
  • ali2021
    thank you so much, sometimes you just need to write it down and release it almost ?so this post has helped a bit, I wonder how far assessment appointments are behind ?I feel like I’m on edge waiting for a letter or call at any moment.
  • janer1967
    There gave been some posts saying they applied in Nov,/Dec still waiting but it all depends on each area so impossible to predict 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    As janer1967 has said, there's no need to apologise for the rant @ali2021 :) Unfortunately it can take a little while to go through the PIP process. 

In what way is your employer causing you problems?

Are you currently receiving any support for your mental health? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • ali2021
    Oh wow that is a long time ?I’m currently having CBT therapy , which is going well but my therapist has been off for the last 2 weeks so that’s thrown me out of sync a bit. My employer just wasn’t answering any messages of my trying to hand my notice in,it’s such a massive deal for me to send any sorts of msgs or emails etc so it was really stressful for me ?probable sounds really silly but it just made me worse she wasn’t answering x
  • janer1967
    Have you had an answer back yet from your employer ? 

• Tori_Scope
    I'm glad the CBT is going well @ali2021. I can imagine missing a couple of weeks would throw you out of sync. Have they said when they'll be back.

Yes, please do let us know if you've now heard back from your employer. It doesn't sound silly at all. If you need some expert advice, you might like to get in touch with ACAS

• ali2021
    Hi everyone thanks for the comments, my employer msg me today and said she will respond in depth in an email ?I suppose about returning my uniform etc, thankfully the therapy is high intensity but it’s been extended for a few more weeks once my therapist is back (he’s on paternity leave) so will start back next week. Thanks so much everyone it really helps me to chat to you all as my family don’t really understand it ?they listen to me but I don’t want to be a burden x 
  • Tori_Scope
    I'm glad your employer has given you an update @ali2021, and that your CBT is due to resume once he's back. Were you given a contact number or anything in case you're struggling to cope in the meantime?

I'm pleased to read that you find it helpful to chat. Our members are always here for you. I'm sure your family don't see you as a burden, but this is a feeling that many people experience. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.