I've just been awarded LCWRA. Will I be backdated anything? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I've just been awarded LCWRA. Will I be backdated anything?

Options
nicoleleex
nicoleleex Community member Posts: 9 Listener
edited April 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi I have just been awarded lcwra just wondering if I will be back dated anything. My first sick line was the 5the feb till tomorrow, my payment dates are the 11th off every month 

Comments

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    There is a three month waiting period. From the fourth month you will start to receive the extra amount. 
  • nicoleleex
    Options
    So I wont recive the extra money on my universal credit on the 11th may? It will be the month after?
  • MarkM88
    Options
    I think it will be June, yes. Although I’m no UC expert.

@chiarieds might know better. 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Nor am I a UC expert @MarkN88 :) I believe you're correct tho, as 5th - 11th Feb won't count, so 12 Feb - 11th March (1st month); 12th March - 11th April (2nd month); 12th April - 11th May (3rd month), so payment due in the 4th month on 11th June.
  • MarkM88
    Options
    chiarieds said:
    Nor am I a UC expert @MarkN88 :) I believe you're correct tho, as 5th - 11th Feb won't count, so 12 Feb - 11th March (1st month); 12th March - 11th April (2nd month); 12th April - 11th May (3rd month), so payment due in the 4th month on 11th June.
    I’m glad you worked it out the same as me. 

We can both learn about UC as we go along. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Just to add chiareds cal inaction is correct 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Payment date 11th of the month. I infer the AP is therefore 5th of month to 4th of month.
    Medical condition reported on 5th February.
    First month of the relevant period is 5th Feb to 4th March, second month is 5th March to 4th April, third month is 5th April to 4th May LCWRA element payable starting 5th May to 4th June which is payable on 11th June.
    As advised by Mark in first instance.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • nicoleleex
    Options
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thank you for the correction @calcotti - again I will try & remember. Please note, I wasn't trying to correct Mark, whom I thought had already answered correctly.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    chiarieds said:
    Thank you for the correction @calcotti - again I will try & remember. 
    The bit to remember is that the payment date is a week after the end of the assessment period.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.