When will I receive my first LCWRA payment? Does it get paid the same time as UC? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

When will I receive my first LCWRA payment? Does it get paid the same time as UC?

vickyloux2
vickyloux2 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited May 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hello, first time posting. I applied for help when i had to transfer to UC. I was sent out forms to fill out about my day (i have MS) i had a telephone assessment and i received a note in my journal telling me i had been awarded lcwra and i didnt need to put any fit notes forward. I understand there is a 3 months waiting period. My contact at UC said my application was added to my claim from the 15th of January. It will be exactly four months on Friday. When can i expect to receive my first payment? Also does this get paid at the same time as UC? I havent had any info on payment dates or amounts other than the lcwra decision.

Many thanks
Vicky xx

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello, first time posting. I applied for help when i had to transfer to UC. I was sent out forms to fill out about my day (i have MS) i had a telephone assessment and i received a note in my journal telling me i had been awarded lcwra and i didnt need to put any fit notes forward. I understand there is a 3 months waiting period. My contact at UC said my application was added to my claim from the 15th of January. It will be exactly four months on Friday. When can i expect to receive my first payment? Also does this get paid at the same time as UC? I havent had any info on payment dates or amounts other than the lcwra decision.

Many thanks
    Vicky xx
    You reported the change on 15th January. The assessment period in which you reported the change is ignored. The extra money is included in the payment for the fourth full AP after you reported the change. The date when you will see the change will depend on what days of the month your AP runs from. You will see the extra money in May or June.
    vickyloux2 said: Also does this get paid at the same time as UC? 
    It's part of UC, not a separate payment. It increases the UC payable.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • vickyloux2
    Thanks so much for getting back to me. I think it will be June as i checked my payments (got UC to split my payment to every fortnight) and its not coming up anything different for May.

Thank you
    Vicky 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,822 Scope online community team
    Hi @vickyloux2. Can I just ask, what benefits were you claiming before you transferred to UC and what prompted the move over? 
    I'm not asking to be nosey, I'm checking you weren't previously on ESA and that they haven't missed any transitional benefits you may be entitled to.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • tonybailey
    tonybailey Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    hi
    i need some advice on lcwra.
    i sent in my first fit note on the 31st march but it was backdated to 3 feb
    will my 3 month waiting time be from 3 feb or 31 march
    my ap is 17th to 16th
    thanks
  • vickyloux2
    Hello @Adrian_Scope i am so sorry i have taken so long to reply. I just noticed you left a comment. I was on income support before the move to UC
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @tonybailey

The 3 month waiting period is from when you first reported your medical condition 

So presuming you have had anazsessment and been awarded lcwra if you reported on 3rd Feb then Feb-mar, Mar  -apr and Apr -may are waiting periodx so June would be first payment 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    hi
    i need some advice on lcwra.
    i sent in my first fit note on the 31st march but it was backdated to 3 feb
    will my 3 month waiting time be from 3 feb or 31 march
    my ap is 17th to 16th
    thanks
    The determining date is the date on which you reported the health condition followed up by a Fit Note. If you first reported the health condition on 31st March then your three waiting periods are April-May, May-June and June-July and your first LCWRA payment (if applicable) will be in the August payment.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Fazzzbooodddd
    Fazzzbooodddd Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hiya can some one  tell me when my first pay will be please I been getting sick note June the 18th and my  probation period is 7th nov - 6-December thank you 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    Hiya can some one  tell me when my first pay will be please I been getting sick note June the 18th and my  probation period is 7th nov - 6-December thank you 
    Probation period? You mean your assessment periods are 7th to 6th of every month. 

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Fazzzbooodddd
    Fazzzbooodddd Community member Posts: 3 Listener

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.