Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

When will I receive my first LCWRA payment? Does it get paid the same time as UC?

vickyloux2vickyloux2 Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited May 4 in Universal Credit
Hello, first time posting. I applied for help when i had to transfer to UC. I was sent out forms to fill out about my day (i have MS) i had a telephone assessment and i received a note in my journal telling me i had been awarded lcwra and i didnt need to put any fit notes forward. I understand there is a 3 months waiting period. My contact at UC said my application was added to my claim from the 15th of January. It will be exactly four months on Friday. When can i expect to receive my first payment? Also does this get paid at the same time as UC? I havent had any info on payment dates or amounts other than the lcwra decision.

Many thanks
Vicky xx

Replies

• calcotticalcotti Member Posts: 1,236 Pioneering
    Hello, first time posting. I applied for help when i had to transfer to UC. I was sent out forms to fill out about my day (i have MS) i had a telephone assessment and i received a note in my journal telling me i had been awarded lcwra and i didnt need to put any fit notes forward. I understand there is a 3 months waiting period. My contact at UC said my application was added to my claim from the 15th of January. It will be exactly four months on Friday. When can i expect to receive my first payment? Also does this get paid at the same time as UC? I havent had any info on payment dates or amounts other than the lcwra decision.

Many thanks
    Vicky xx
    You reported the change on 15th January. The assessment period in which you reported the change is ignored. The extra money is included in the payment for the fourth full AP after you reported the change. The date when you will see the change will depend on what days of the month your AP runs from. You will see the extra money in May or June.
    vickyloux2 said: Also does this get paid at the same time as UC? 
    It's part of UC, not a separate payment. It increases the UC payable.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • vickyloux2vickyloux2 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thanks so much for getting back to me. I think it will be June as i checked my payments (got UC to split my payment to every fortnight) and its not coming up anything different for May.

Thank you
    Vicky 
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,953

Scope community team

Hi @vickyloux2. Can I just ask, what benefits were you claiming before you transferred to UC and what prompted the move over? 
    I'm not asking to be nosey, I'm checking you weren't previously on ESA and that they haven't missed any transitional benefits you may be entitled to.
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

Your feedback is really important to the development of the online community, so please remember to complete our online community annual survey
Sign in or join us to comment.