PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

I have depression, anxiety, and maybe fibromyalgia. Anyone been awarded enhanced for the same thing?

jules10jules10 Member Posts: 4 Listener
edited May 4 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hi all,first time on here I had my pip assessment last week I’m really nervous about it,the woman seemed ok I guess..I have depression,severe anxiety,panic attacks and waiting to be seen to see if I have fibromyalgia through the severe pain I have all over…I do not go out with with out my son or daughter with me and don’t often go out cause ov my anxiety n pain just wondering has any one got enhanced for same thing. X 

Replies

• Sandy_123Sandy_123 Member Posts: 1,134 Pioneering
    Welcome at @jules10 did you tell them how much these conditions effect you daily, hopefully you will hear something back soon.
  • jules10jules10 Member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hi Sandy.. yes told them ..just hope they listen x
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 9,210 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

You can request a copy of your report after 7 days 

It isn't the decision but will show you the recommended points and comments 

The dm in most cases goes with the report 
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Posts: 4,033

Scope community team

Hello and welcome to the community @jules10 :) 

Different people with the same diagnoses can be awarded different levels of PIP, as it's about how your conditions affects you rather than the diagnoses themselves. Were you able to fully explain and give evidence for how your conditions affect you during your assessment and form? 

As Janer1967 has said, you can ask for a copy of your report after about a week. 

Try not to worry too much about it now, as you'll have to wait and see what your result is. 

Are you accessing any support for your mental health at the moment? 

Just so you're aware, I've moved your post into our PIP category, and renamed it so that others can find it more easily.
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Hi well I tried to tell her, but then she would ask another question,I suffer bad with ibs which she didn’t even mention I have drinks n meds for,so only thing I can do is wait thank you for your reply’s x 
    I got a text this morning saying they’ve recirved written report,not even a week after assessment,is this normal. X
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Posts: 4,033

Scope community team

Yes, I believe that's normal @jules10. Once the assessor's report has been sent to the DWP, you can ask for a copy of your report as outlined above. This won't be a guarantee of the award you'll get, but decision makers do often go with the assessor's report. 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Sign in or join us to comment.