Direct payment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Direct payment

Options
Bernice18blue
Bernice18blue Community member Posts: 2 Listener
My son has been asked to pay 30 52 for his respite it's gone up from last year by £20.52 he gets direct payments this seems unfair is this normal?

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,663 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    hi @Bernice18blue and welcome to scope good to meet you. Have his direct payments also increased? I assume you are saying they have increased from£20.52 last yer to £30.52 this year is that right?
    Have you asked them why this is so?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Bernice18blue and a warm welcome to our community.

I'm sorry to hear your sons contributions to respite have increased.  I wonder if you could give us a little more detail about it, perhaps by answering @woodbine 's questions :)  I'd also be inclined to contact your local authority to have the decision explained some more.

Also, one handy contact to bear in mind is Disability Rights UK's free personal budgets helpline.  You can contact this on 0330 995 0404 between 9.30am-1.30pm Tuesdays and Thursdays. 

I hope you're having a good Wednesday.  Take care and speak soon.

Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,105 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Bernice18blue - I just wanted to welcome you to the community, & hope you can answer the above queries. :)
  • Bernice18blue
    Bernice18blue Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thanks  yes his increase is about £13. For his direct payment.52 but the payments he has to pay last year was £10 this year £30.52 so an increase of £20.52 that he has to contribute! This charge is for a week but my son only goes for 3 days so again some discrepancy !

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.