Not much confidence — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Not much confidence

Options
treviso1966
treviso1966 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I'm a 54 year old women. I suffer with asthma. Fybromylagia depression anxiety and recently been diagnosed with moderate copd. Iv applied for pip twice in the last few years but since my recent diagnosis of copd iv just received my new pip forms for a 3rd attempt but iv no confidence at all as last time I received 0 points and the lady told lies!! I'm really struggling at mo but dont want to give up x

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

Pip isn't about a diagnosis it's about how it affects your daily life 

For each descriptor put 2 real examples of what happened when you last tried to do the task 

Where were you , who was with you , how were you supported or any aids used , when did it happen,  what were the consequences 

If you can't do a task why not and can you do a rask safely , repeatedly,  reliably and in a timely manner 

Lots of advice in our pip section to help 

Cab also sometimes help with form filling 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @treviso1966 and a warm welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear you haven't been successful in your past PIP claims, maybe this time consider getting help from a welfare representative.  You can find someone free and local to you on this Advice Local website (enter your postcode and select Welfare Benefits from the drop down list).

Also, as already suggested, I'd encourage you to focus on strengthening your PIP 2 form by including specific examples of the PIP activities you have difficulties with.  This has helped many other online members in the past and reveals more detail about how your condition(s) impact you, than a list of medical diagnoses.

I just wanted to check too, are you getting support with your mental health?  If you're struggling with this, please speak to your GP about it.  And also, make sure to lean on our community if you ever need advice or someone to chat to.

Good luck and please let us know how you get on.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.