Help please - struggling to get ASD diagnosis for my daughter. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help please - struggling to get ASD diagnosis for my daughter.

Options
Hayley7984
Hayley7984 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited May 2021 in Autism and neurodiversity
Please I need some help a feel like iam going out of my mind!

I know my daughter has asd she had a assessment with camhs two years and they say have said that she does not meet the tripod of impairment, she is to sociable! 

I am in a fb group for girls with asd and every day people post things about their daughter and I could be my daughter they are talking about

I just want to help my daughter and get the help she deserves,

I have done a self referral back to Camhs but feel like iam not getting anywhere with them,
I just don't know what to do?
Tagged:

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Hi @Hayley7984 and a warm welcome to our community.

I'm sorry you join us in these circumstances as it sounds like you're going through a lot of stress  :(  Are you coping ok?

I understand what you are saying, autism diagnosis is based on a 'triad of impairment' consisting of difficulties with i) social interaction ii) social communication and iii) social imagination.  However, as a mum you do know your child best so I get your frustration, particularly when you can resonate so much with others stories.  Have you spoke to your GP about your concerns?

As I'm not trained in this area, I'm not best placed to offer advice and would direct you to the National Autistic Society Helpline on 0808 800 4104 which is open 10am – 3pm, Monday to Friday.  Unfortunately, this helpline is due to close in a week's time (19 May 2021) so make sure to ring them asap if you decide to.

Wishing you all the best and please let us know how you get on. 

Also just to add, I've tweaked the thread title and moved it to our Autism and Asperger's category so people can spot it easier and offer support.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Hello @Hayley7984 :)

Just wanted to say hello and welcome to the community. How are you getting on today? 

I know that Cher_Scope has already been in touch and signposted you to the National Autistic Society Helpline. Did you manage to get in contact with them? Or are you still thinking about giving them a ring maybe? 

Just to say also that you're very welcome to keep talking to us on the community as well. It would be great if you kept in touch and let us know how you and your daughter get on. Hopefully, we can be a bit of a sounding-board for you, and provide you with some moral support whilst you're waiting to hear back from CAMHS. :)

Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.