Hi, my name is MOLLYW! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is MOLLYW!

MOLLYW
MOLLYW Community member Posts: 2 Listener
glad to join people who are like me - often confused

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community Molly 

Feel free to join in or ask any questions 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,765 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @MOLLYW welcome to the forum, join in with any of the topics 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @MOLLYW

Welcome to the community, I hope you are well.

Is there anything in particular you are confused about? 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @MOLLYW - I'm delighted to welcome you to the community. Thank you too for making me smile with the words of your first post. :) Perhaps if you have any questions, between us all we might be able to answer them. We do help & support each other, & I hope you enjoy being part of this friendly group
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    I think most people are confused with so much going on welcome to the community @MOLLYW hope you enjoy ?
  • MOLLYW
    MOLLYW Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    why does it happen ..... daughter been on waiting list for cataract op since Feb 2019 - in desperation I decided to go private (she is  now nearly blind in one eye) 
    Paid the £3000 cost today - literally five mins later a call from NHS to say she can have the op early June.  Two weeks later.

Still carrying on with the private one - too late to change anyway - I'll be glad when this nightmare is over.

How lovely to have a moan to someone -- thank you very much.

Aged 84 and feeling it.

thank you for my welcome - molly

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @MOLLYW

I am in exactly the same situation blind in one eye and cataract in other just getting worse but as it routine surgery they haven't been doing it on NHS 

I can't afford to go private so just have to wait 

How can it be routine when it totally affects your quality of life I ask 
  • Lisatho11987777
    I had one cataract removed haveing the other one removed within next three weeks last one was done last year I know the corona virus held things up I have my eye assessment done tomorrow 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,765 Disability Gamechanger
    @MOLLYW gosh, that's typical isn't it getting appointment after you went private with your daughter, i hope the operation goes well.

@lisathomas50 good luck with your assessment tomorrow 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @MOLLYW Hello and a warm welcome from me!  How are you this sunny Thursday morning?

Oooft, what are the chances of you hearing from the NHS so soon after booking that private appointment?!  Typical, eh.  I hope your daughter gets on okay and yes feel free to moan to us whenever you like :)  

Please let me know if you ever have any questions about using the online community and in the meantime, take care and speak soon.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Lisatho11987777
    @Sandy_123 thank you hopefuly it is just a cataract removal on my right eye 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.