Hi, my name is kelly! PIP decision waiting time — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is kelly! PIP decision waiting time

Options
kelly1987
kelly1987 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited May 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I applied for pip 14 weeks ago , I’ve had my assessment, I received a message from Dwp saying they have my report and a decision will be made within 8 weeks. I just wanted to know if it does take that long has anyone had a decision made before the 8 weeks ?? Seems such along time to have to wait on top of the 14 weeks. ?

Comments

• Popdiva43
    Popdiva43 Community member Posts: 170 Pioneering
    Options
    It can take a long time,but i got my decision within 2 weeks,and i wasnt happy with the outcome at all
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome 

There is no fixed timescales and it can take less or longer than 8 weeks , and some people are waiting a lot longer than you have for assessment 

It all depends on area and backlogs 

You can request a copy of your report now by ringing dwp

It isn't the decision but will show recommended points from assessor and they usually go with the report but not in all cases 

Let us know how you get on 

• kelly1987
    Options
    Oh really, I was quite lucky to have it that quick... think I will wait for response I appreciate you getting back to me many thanks ? 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @kelly1987

Welcome to the community, I'm glad you've joined us. 

As mentioned above, there is no fixed waiting time for these sorts of things, but I understand why it might seem like ages to have to wait. 

Best of luck with the outcome.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • kelly1987
    Options
    Thank you all for your quick responses much appreciated ??
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Your welcome come back if you have any more questions 

Also you might want to get involved in the community our coffee lounge is a good place to start 
  • Dcull90
    Dcull90 Community member Posts: 4 Connected
    Options
    Hi @kelly1987

I had my assessment on 4th May, I got a text on 12th May to say they had received my assessment report.

Today I had a phone call from DWP to ask a question, and he said he will be sending my award letter out tomorrow. But he can't tell me my specific amounts or when I will get my back pay etc. but he can tell me I've got an award.

I know everyone hears at different times but this is just mine ? I first applied, 28th Jan. So it's been 15 weeks 4 days x 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,127 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Dcull90 - I'd just like to welcome you to the community. Thank you for letting us know you have been awarded PIP (& hope you get your letter soon, tho you might get your money first) as it's always great to hear good news. :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.