Hi, my name is loulou_85! I've had my PIP telephone assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is loulou_85! I've had my PIP telephone assessment

Options
loulou_85
loulou_85 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
edited May 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, I am new here, I have been browsing the forums for help. Thought it’s time to join I could do with some guidance 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

What do you need guidance on if you leg ys know we can try and help 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @loulou_85 and a warm welcome to our online community.  How are you doing today?

It's great that you decided to join and I'm sure we can offer some help :)  Is there anything in-particular we can provide you with guidance around?  If you want to let us know, we will endeavour to do our best!  

I hope you have a lovely Monday.  Take care and speak soon.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • loulou_85
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Ty @Cher_Scope and @janer1967

tbh I’ve had a rough few years from my sister in law getting cancer at 33 and passing away at 35, I’ve been helping with the children they where 2&5, my youngest son was in and out of hospital for months from Oct 19 and I was trying to keep everything going work included. I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks have done from I was 17, took overdose on 17th birthday. Last year I’ve been through so many tests lost 3 stone, I can’t eat as I’m afraid it will hurt my stomach even more and increase bowel movements. I got terminated 2 weeks ago from job in nhs due to being sick and not fit to return. I applied for pip and have assessment tomorrow. My anxiety is now classed as severe along with increased bowel movements I’ve no control over. Have had accidents on school run, haven’t left house in months. I just feel so alone and no one understands, constantly thinking be easier if I wasn’t here. I feel so sick with the thought of this assessment tomorrow
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry to hear about all you have and are going through 

We are always here even if its just yo voice your feelings 

Try and not worry about the assessment they are not as bad as you might think 

Just prepare read through your form and prepare some real examples of what happens when you have tried to do the tasks 

Good luck and let us know how you get on 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    How did the assessment go @loulou_85
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • loulou_85
    Options
    @Tori_Scope

It wasn’t as bad as I was expecting the assessment was around 50 mins lady was lovely very reassuring, was reading my form while talking to me. She got me to elaborate on everything and let me take breaks when needed. She asked a load of questions about my foot also and how it impacts me what can’t I do now that I’ve had that surgery! I wouldn’t have mentioned it unless she asked, it’s not something I would’ve considered.
    She said she will send report back that afternoon and decision maker will then make a decision on my award?! I felt so anxious and nervous, she didn’t rush me and was very sympathetic actually said “I hope you feel better soon”
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    I'm glad that you felt comfortable and reassured @loulou_85 :) Is the problem with your foot a longer term thing?

They'll send their report back, which should be with the DWP after about 7 days, and then they'll make their decision. This can take a little while, but the waiting times vary. We've heard some people mention that the money is paid into their account before they receive their decision letter (if they've been successful), so keep an eye on your bank account.

You can ask for a copy of the assessor's report after 7 days if you want, which will indicate the number of points they've suggested. This isn't a guarantee of what you'll be awarded, however. Some people find that this helps to reduce their anxiety, but others find that it makes it worse. It's personal choice really, but remember that that is an option.

• loulou_85
    Options
    @Tori_Scope I got the assessors report 2 points she gave me hasn’t put in half the stuff I told her. Commented on how I seem I came across intelligent. I’m so cross right now. Spoke to CA and they’ve advised me to get all medical notes and my occupational health notes to send in with a letter   
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @loulou_85

I'm sorry to hear that the report doesn't make for positive reading, but the decision maker won't necessarily go along with it. Is that two points altogether or is that just for one of the components?

Getting your medical notes and occupational health notes sounds like a good idea, but you should also focus on the areas of the report where you think you should have received more points, and establish the legal grounds for any prospective MR. 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • loulou_85
    Options
    @Ross_Scope 2 points in total! She didn’t note half the stuff I said and also said I could do stuff when I told her I can’t safely or reliably do things and gave examples of things that have happened. Gp will write letter, I’ve been referred to mh team and chronic pain now too 

@carebear41hopefully yours goes better than mine good luck 
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    I'm glad you've been referred to those teams now @loulou_85 :) Best of luck with the MR- please do keep us updated!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.