Well, it’s May 17th! Where you been ?! — Scope | Disability forum
New to the community? Remember to read our community guidelines and our community house rules.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Well, it’s May 17th! Where you been ?!

fluffycat
fluffycat Member Posts: 215 Pioneering
Had cheaper breakfast roll / latte (in park)

long walk (couple showers)

free iced coffee (bogof deal) eat in +
2 savoury parcels (bogof deal) eat in 

another walk 

less people about as rain on/off

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community Co-Production Group Posts: 5,549 Disability Gamechanger
    Sounds like a nice day :)
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 5,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Today has been like almost every other Monday for the last 14 months, no real plans yet for anything for a couple of weeks when we will see family for the first time since August.
    Offering PIP advice to people with epilepsy.
  • fluffycat
    66Mustang said:
    Sounds like a nice day :)
    Another thing Toilet/s open in eatery!! (before, had to go to train station mainly, as market ones, limited times!)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 12,213 Disability Gamechanger
    Not been anywhere today too busy in house and not that I could anyway while my son at school 

But hope this changes in next few weeks so I have confidence to go to local coffee shop on my own 

Planning to go sofa shopping too if my brother will take me when he is available 
    Here to help with my experience in hunan resources and employment rights 
  • Dollydaydream
    Dollydaydream Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Housework for me. What I used to be able to do in 2 hours now takes all day cos I have to keep stopping and sitting down. Couldn't have gone anywhere anyway  as even if I could walk to the car, which I can't, I wouldn't be able to drive it. Looking forward to tomorrow though as a very good friend is coming to visit me.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Member Posts: 4,222 Disability Gamechanger
    I’ve been watching educational YouTube videos and totally forgot about semi liberation. 

Anyway it feels safer in my lounge. 😄 just me and one house fly .
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Member Posts: 1,798 Pioneering
    I’ve done nothing different today. Just waited in for a furniture set to be delivered which I must applaud the lads for as they respected my space and worse masks, cleand surfaces after them and wore PPE. 
  • vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Member Posts: 548 Pioneering
          Went to my daughters to meet the new addition...Frank the 10 week old British Bull dog, who is every bit as cute as I hoped. Only been there 24 hours and already best friends with my 2 year old granddaughter  :)
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Member Posts: 1,968 Pioneering
    Nothing different , had a work man In  to fix a cracked window, that I forgot about him coming. I am going town tomorrow tho.
  • fluffycat
    Puss wanted to go out on town BUT encountered a downpour, thunder n Lightening LOL and soon came back home!! Had to dry poor soggy puss off!!! 
  • Ross_Scope
    Ross_Scope Posts: 4,912

Scope community team

fluffycat said:
    Puss wanted to go out on town BUT encountered a downpour, thunder n Lightening LOL and soon came back home!! Had to dry poor soggy puss off!!! 
    So much rain lately, hopefully we get some warmer weather soon :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Talk to our chatbot and give us feedback on the community.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Member Posts: 1,968 Pioneering
    Well had lunch inside one of pubs in town we were only 1s in, so lucky.
  • fluffycat
    Sandy_123 said:
    Well had lunch inside one of pubs in town we were only 1s in, so lucky.
    Glad u out.

Coffee place was quiet too &

Weird in cafe now and more staff n customers lol. (Lamb Roast)
    Might be the weather.

(Loads of people along river though)

Kitty not out for long as showery.
  • fluffycat
    edited May 18
    fluffycat said:
    So much rain lately, hopefully we get some warmer weather soon :) 
    Please ‘not’ too hot LOL (start to melt above 60f)
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Posts: 5,974

Scope community team

You're good at finding those coffee deals @fluffycat. I went to YO! Sushi for the first time, and enjoyed it. It was all well organised and distanced, and town wasn't anywhere near as busy as I'd dreaded. We did go a bit earlier to avoid the post-work rush though. 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • fluffycat
    You're good at finding those coffee deals @fluffycat. I went to YO! Sushi for the first time, and enjoyed it. It was all well organised and distanced, and town wasn't anywhere near as busy as I'd dreaded. We did go a bit earlier to avoid the post-work rush though. 
    Glad u Enj self out there!

(maybe everybody in the pub!)

Need bogof coffee etc. or loyalty points offers to tempt, otherwise not worth the pennies!! (£11 pricey for coffee / 2 savoury parcels AND £4 after 2 bogof QR codes!)

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Posts: 5,974

Scope community team

That is good value @fluffycat! Yep, I'm not planning on going out loads but I am glad that we managed to get out for a meal. 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • fluffycat
    @Tori_Scope

I the lil mouse need ‘cheese’ to coax / draw  me out !!! 

Bet it made a change for you 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.

Fancy a chat in our virtual coffee lounge?

Put the kettle on and have a chat in our coffee lounge with other members. We talk about hobbies, games and anything else you can think of!

Cerebral Palsy (CP) Online Cafe

Here's a new opportunity for people with CP or a similar disability (aged 20+) to get together and chat. The sessions are in partnership with CP Sport so you can find out more and meet people from both organisations.

Are you struggling?

Read our 'Coping with stress, low mood and isolation' support thread for a run-down of ideas on how to banish those blues and feel happier.

What do you think about the community?

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community a better space for you.

Information about COVID-19

If you have questions about the virus, please read our information and support which includes guidance on benefits, getting food and essentials and Cerebral Palsy.

Back to school this September?

Read tips on how to settle back in and handle any worries you or your children might be having this new term.