Have you ever had a PIP claim backdated to the start of your claim after change in circumstances MR? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Have you ever had a PIP claim backdated to the start of your claim after change in circumstances MR?

Options
erin2490
erin2490 Community member Posts: 45 Courageous
edited June 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I posted last week about a mc... I've done it sent it off.....I just wondered if what got said on the phone has ever happened to anyone..

I got awarded pip 21st November 2019(that was when it was backdated from as I started the application process that date)
At the time I got 10 points for care so was awarded standard.
I didn't know much about pip and just trusted the descion maker at the time.

I have since sent in a change of circumstances thing and was awarded standard mobility and given an extra point making it still standard for care....but it said I got no points for communication and if you saw my other post, I thought I should have got 2 points as I where hearing aids.

Anyway I spoke to a woman today and she said I was right I should get the 2 points as wearing hearing aids in both ears qualify s for 2 points... I said well if that's right, I've lost out on over 2 grand, as I said in the original claim I wore them.

She said if this mandatory reconsideration is successfully. I will get all the money back from when I first claimed....has that actually happened to anyone because I was under the impression you had a maximum of 13 months the challenge a descion. (Unless it because I didn't actually get the decision for the original pip claim till March 2020 but end of April would be the 13month wouldn't it )

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.