Posted my Pip renewal forms off 6 weeks ago, but haven't heard anything yet — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Posted my Pip renewal forms off 6 weeks ago, but haven't heard anything yet

Options
kezhendo73
kezhendo73 Community member Posts: 37 Courageous
edited May 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all I'm wondering if anyone can help me.
In 2018 I went to appeal and won my case and i was awarded enhanced/enhanced 
My claim was backdated too when it had been stopped in August 2017 until June 2021 
I have posted my renewal forms off six weeks ago today but as yet haven't heard anything.

I'm on pins as when I was going through appeal I had 12 months of hell with my mental health as well as my other illnesses.
I don't know if my claim will carry on or even if I'm going to be in the appeal court again.

I understand that it's taking longer to her with covid I think I just need a little bit of reassurance ?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

Your PIP will continue to it's end date 

Hopefully your new claim will be complete by then and the new decision will then take over 

As for if your claim is successful we can't say 

Appointments for assessments are a long wait in some areas all you can do is wait 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @kezhendo73 :) As Janer1967 has said, it can take a little while to hear back. Please do keep us updated. I know it's easier said than done, but try not to worry too much about it in the meantime.

I'm sorry that you were having such a bad time with your health. How is your physical and mental health now? Are you receiving the support you need? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @kezhendo73, have you contacted the DWP to enquire if they received your renewal pack. The whole process can take several months to get your award notification letter. I would phone the DWP on Monday I know it will be a long wait but have your iPad, tablet handy to muck around on while you wait as long as you have your ID details to hand snd you can listen to the phone at the same time. You may get an update of your renewal or at least they have received your renewal application and are proceeding with it. 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,631 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you provided a mobile number they should text you when they receive your forms and have scanned them onto the system, so as above all you can do is phone them on Monday, good idea to do so at 9a.m before they get too busy
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• kezhendo73
    kezhendo73 Community member Posts: 37 Courageous
    Options
    Hi thank you all for your comments I received a letter yesterday morning which reads that I've already contacted them to make another claim and that they have extended my PIP payments which allows us time to look for the at your new pip claim you do not have to do anything about this we will continue to pay your pip as normal your extended pip award has been extended until 1st of October..
    In the meantime I'm I'm still panicking.

@Tori_Scope my physical health remains the same some days are better than others where my mental health has took a serious dip my doctor has lowered my antidepressant in the hope of getting me off at completely because they want start me on amitriptyline but to be honest I'm going through hell as for support I have my husband and children but no other on the medical side I just feel that they've give me a label and sent me on my way ?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.