Need to find out. If my 8 year old as dusabity — Scope | Disability forum
New to the community? Remember to read our community guidelines and our community house rules.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Need to find out. If my 8 year old as dusabity

Emma1968 Member Posts: 35 Listener
Who do I contact. As school don't. Have. Any problems. With. Her. 

Need to find out. If my 8 year old as dusabity 0 votes

Child. Dusabity


  • janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 12,290 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

    I would suggest you contact your gp as they will refer her to the right specialist 

    It isnt up to school really they are not medical professionals
    Here to help with my experience in hunan resources and employment rights 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 5,305 Disability Gamechanger
    As janer says your GP is the place to start, it's often the case with kids that they can be perfectly well behaved at school but less so at home, our son could be a right sod but all his teachers wanted to adopt him, to which my reaction would be where do I sign?

    However back to the OP in what way do you think she is disabled?
    I am a person with epilepsy not an epileptic, my illness doesn't define me.
  • Cher_Inactive
    Cher_Inactive Posts: 4,414

    Scope community team

    Hello @Emma1968 Have the replies you received helped? 

    If you could give us a little more detail about why you are concerned about your daughter that would help us better advise you but I'd agree that speaking with your GP is the best first port of call.  

    I hope you and your family are keeping well.  Please keep us updated with how you get on.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

    Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.

Fancy a chat in our virtual coffee lounge?

Put the kettle on and have a chat in our coffee lounge with other members. We talk about hobbies, games and anything else you can think of!

Cerebral Palsy (CP) Online Cafe

Here's a new opportunity for people with CP or a similar disability (aged 20+) to get together and chat. The sessions are in partnership with CP Sport so you can find out more and meet people from both organisations.

Are you struggling?

Read our 'Coping with stress, low mood and isolation' support thread for a run-down of ideas on how to banish those blues and feel happier.

What do you think about the community?

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community a better space for you.

Information about COVID-19

If you have questions about the virus, please read our information and support which includes guidance on benefits, getting food and essentials and Cerebral Palsy.

Back to school this September?

Read tips on how to settle back in and handle any worries you or your children might be having this new term.