I've had my phone assessment. I have bipolar 1 and type 1 diabetes. What might I have scored? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I've had my phone assessment. I have bipolar 1 and type 1 diabetes. What might I have scored?

Options
jack_cox
jack_cox Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited May 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi iv just had my phone assessment aweek ago just wondering if I have a chance of being accepted for bipolar 1 and type 1 diabetes an what would you think iv scored points wise 
Thanks folks 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there and welcome 

Are you referring to pip ? 

It isnt about a condition it is about how your condition affects your daily living against the descriptors if you can or can't do the task if you need support or aids or just can't di them that score points 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @jack_cox - welcome to the community & thank you for joining. As Jane asks, was your assessment for PIP?
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community from me too @jack_cox :) I've moved your post into our PIP category for now, as I've assumed that's the benefit you're referring to here. Please do let us know if you're referring to a different benefit.

As Janer1967 has mentioned, PIP is about how your conditions affect you rather than the diagnoses themselves. It would therefore be very difficult for us to say how many points you might have scored. Are you familiar with the PIP descriptors (pipinfo.net)? It's worth noting that you can ring the DWP after around 7 days to ask for a copy of the assessors report if you want to. This will indicate how many points the assessor has suggested you could be awarded. However, this isn't a guarantee of the award you'll actually receive. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.