How long after assessment do you get notified and backpay? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long after assessment do you get notified and backpay?

Options
missybpink
missybpink Community member Posts: 28 Connected
edited May 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi can people let me know how long after their assessment did you get notified and paid backpay please 
I have my Telephone assessment tomorrow morning, I have an existing pip award I have asked them to re look at my claim as my disability has gotten worse.

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,614 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    hi @missybpink and welcome to scope, within 7 days the report should have been sent from the assessor to the DWP and you can request a copy of the report which will give you and idea of the award they recommend, it will then take the DWP DM (decision maker) around 8 weeks to decide they usually go with the report (but not always).
    As it's due to a change of circumstances the new award will come into affect once the decision is made and no back pay will be due
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    woodbine said: As it's due to a change of circumstances the new award will come into affect once the decision is made and no back pay will be due
    If the reassessment has been done as a result of the claimant notifying a change then any increase to the award should be backdated to when the change was reported.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • missybpink
    missybpink Community member Posts: 28 Connected
    Options
    Yes it's as a result in me requesting it but was due to have my award looked at anyway, claim form sent out on 12th Feb and was told it would be backdated.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,614 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    calcotti said:
    woodbine said: As it's due to a change of circumstances the new award will come into affect once the decision is made and no back pay will be due
    If the reassessment has been done as a result of the claimant notifying a change then any increase to the award should be backdated to when the change was reported.
    perfectly correct of course, my brains a bit fried this week !
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    woodbine said:
    calcotti said:
    perfectly correct of course, my brains a bit fried this week !
    We all have times like that.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.