My son has autism. We asked for review form but he won't complete it. How do we stop the claim? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My son has autism. We asked for review form but he won't complete it. How do we stop the claim?

Options
tess19
tess19 Community member Posts: 9 Connected
edited May 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi  My sons autism seemed to of improved with the help of his sister, His dad died recently which seemed to speed up his able to dos. He wants to try living independently near his siblings. we rang pip to inform them his care had changed and they have now sent out a review form .We and my son feel he would not score enough points now to claim pip. My son does not want the form filling in and is refusing to engage in it. Do we just not send the form back to stop the claim? Advice please what to do in this situation
Tagged:

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    tess19 said:
    Hi  My sons autism seemed to of improved with the help of his sister, His dad died recently which seemed to speed up his able to dos. He wants to try living independently near his siblings. we rang pip to inform them his care had changed and they have now sent out a review form .We and my son feel he would not score enough points now to claim pip. My son does not want the form filling in and is refusing to engage in it. Do we just not send the form back to stop the claim? Advice please what to do in this situation
    No need to send the form back. You can just ring and tell DWP that you no longer wish to claim.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • tess19
    Options
    we did ring and tell this they sent the form..  Would a letter do?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome 

If your son wants to stop claiming he can end the claim 

However I would try and  get the form done as he may still be entitled and the money would help him living independent 

I'm not sure if just not sending in the review form would end his claim 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2021
    Options
    tess19 said:  we rang pip to inform them his care had changed and they have now sent out a review form 
    calcotti said: No need to send the form back. You can just ring and tell DWP that you no longer wish to claim.
    tess19 said:
    we did ring and tell this they sent the form..  Would a letter do?
    Which did you tell them - that his care needs had changed or that you wanted to end the claim?

If you don't return the form you will first get chased for it and then if you still don't return it the claim will close.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • tess19
    Options
    Yes we rang and told them we did not think he would score enough points now as care had changed and wished to end the claim. They then sent this form out but my son does not want it filling in .

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They probably thought if would be in his best intetest to have a review as you said his care had changed 

Call them again and specifically say you want to end the claim 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.