I have - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have

2»

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Failure is an event, not a person, @Ayoung1979
    (Zig Ziglar)

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2021
    Wow there's some interesting folk amongst us, who frankly put me in the shade. I don't consider any of you failures either - life's hard and messy and difficult sometimes, especially if you have an impairment.  So, consider all you've been through and yet you've still made it past all those worst days.  Give yourself a pat on the back for being so blimmin' resilient  <3 

I have...
    • Graduated with a masters despite dropping out of college when young through ill-health
    • Been the first person ever to receive a new IBD treatment at my hospital (woo for being a guinea pig  :D)
    • Got pregnant after 10 years of infertility and treatment << my biggest achievement yet  <3
    • Met Will Young.. did I mention I love Will Young?  :D
    • Once accidentally stole a chair from a charity shop - that I hasten to add, I returned upon realising my error.. lordy! 
    I hope some of those made you smile!
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • adamskis
    adamskis Community member Posts: 67 Pioneering
    Hopefully starting a Luthiery degree next year…the only thing stopping me would be my Alzheimer’s jumping forward and taking my brain with it.

I REALLY want a degree before things get really spoiled.

• Ayoung1979
    Ayoung1979 Community member Posts: 44 Courageous
    @adamskis
    Hopefully you'll be able to and your Alzheimer won't interfere.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    I have to ask @Cher_Scope, how can you accidentally steal a chair :lol:
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @Username_removed I've had some pretty nasty eye surgery too prob not as bad as yours but its the seeing those instruments and needles about to go in your eye 

I had my leg amputated while I was awake and watched the surgery through the reflection in the overhead light 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Blimey Mike that sounds terrifying  :o  Thank goodness you survived.

@Ami2301 Haha.. I blame my mother.  She asked me to collect a chair she'd reserved in a charity shop.  Cue the fatal breakdown in communication when I assumed it was a particular charity shop, without clarifying it first.  You can guess the rest, I wandered blasé into one shop and was adamant they'd sold my mum a chair, so they told me to take the only one they had - a random brown one in the corner  :D  Then drove it to my mum's house to be met with a bemused face and her saying what's this?  I was mortified!! Life lesson fully learnt - never assume.  Cringe.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Ayoung1979
    @Username_removed
    I bet you were freaking out. I know I would.
  • fluffycat
    fluffycat Community member Posts: 233 Pioneering
    I went on a World Naked Cycle ride!!! 

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Oh my, I would have loved to have seen your reaction @Cher_Scope :lol:
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Ayoung1979
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,788 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2021
    Lol @Cher_Scope made me giggle  did you keep it?
  • fluffycat
    fluffycat Community member Posts: 233 Pioneering
    I use to do Indian dancing. (really enjoyed it whilst I could) 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @janer1967 I have my eye operation on 8th June hope it goes smoothly like my first one I will be awake 
  • adamskis
    @janer1967 I have my eye operation on 8th June hope it goes smoothly like my first one I will be awake 
    I hope it goes well, I find the anticipation is often far worse than the actuality, the whole local anaesthetic/being awake thing freaks me out every time.

positive vibes to you.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @adamskis thank you  this time I know what's going to happen  plus they have changed the surgeon becsuse the right eye is worse  so that's scareing  me a bit 
  • adamskis
    @adamskis thank you  this time I know what's going to happen  plus they have changed the surgeon becsuse the right eye is worse  so that's scareing  me a bit 
    You are only human, of course you are scared, only a fool wouldn’t be, and you don’t strike me as one of those!
  • Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
    I have had three lifesaving operations in my life.
    One brain surgery, some time ago. The last two in the past year.
    I have flown first class and business class several times for free. (In laws work for Delta airline)
    I was very nearly robbed at gunpoint in Rome. (Police intervened) Thank God.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
  • DaddyBear
    DaddyBear Community member Posts: 35 Connected
    I have risen in a Stock Car in a race, jumped out of a plane strapped to the instructor. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.