Pip assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessment

Options
smith1212
smith1212 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited May 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

The assessments can be stressful especially fir those suffering anxiety 

Lots of people with mental health problems are awarded that's why they allow applications for mental health 

Try not to worry all you can do now is wait for the decision  

You can request a copy of the report after 7 days but not always recommend doing so as it is only the recommendations and not the decision so can sometimes cause more anxiety 

Let us know how you get on 
  • smith1212
    Options
    Thanks for the insight .. I’m a worrier anyway so I’m causing myself more anxiety by doing so . I feel like I didn’t say as much as I’d have liked too . Thankyou for the reply 
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Community member Posts: 575 Pioneering
    Options
    smith1212 said:
    Thanks for the insight .. I’m a worrier anyway so I’m causing myself more anxiety by doing so . I feel like I didn’t say as much as I’d have liked too . Thankyou for the reply 
    I think the whole procedure adds to already anxiety problems. I’m also waiting for the decision, and I’m pulling my hair out with the worry of what it will say. Hopefully you won’t have to wait too long.
  • smith1212
    Options
    Thanks good luck with yours ! 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @smith1212 Hello and welcome to our online community  :)

I'm unable to see your original message but I think it relates to being anxious about the outcome of a PIP assessment and how it went?  I can really empathise with that and would second the responses you've received about trying not to worry until that decision letter comes through.  I know, easier said than done right? But we'll be here to support you if you need/decide to appeal any unsuccessful decision via mandatory reconsideration so be assured of that  <3  

Just to check - are you getting sufficient support with your mental health from a GP or other professional?  How are you coping in general? 

I'll have my fingers crossed for you and please keep us posted with how you get on.  Good luck.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • smith1212
    Options
    Thanks so much ! It’s an awful process I didn’t realise the questioning would be so intense I felt like I was being questioned under caution I hate that I put myself through it . Yes I have support and medication ect Thankyou 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.