Am I right or am I wrong — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Am I right or am I wrong

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @bekindalways and welcome back

Thanks for posting, it seems as though you've got a lot on at the minute, and I hope other members will be able to offer their suggestions.

Firstly congratulations on having the family wedding upcoming, hopefully it goes well. 

Is she aware of how you feel about your husband's sister and mother? And how does your husband feel about it? 

Can I ask, what do you mean by "My husband has taken this predicament out on me tonight and I don't know what to do or say anymore" ?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    I would go with my gut feeling about the matter, however, sometimes we need to stretch ourselves in order to grow. Sometimes we need some sandpaper to smooth the timber of our minds, to round off some of the rough edges and people who challenge us can be that sandpaper as long as we approach them with a learning attitude.

Having said those things it’s important that we don’t over stretch ourselves and this is one thing that only you know in your heart. Best wishes ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

Difficult one concerned first about what you mean your husband has taken it out on you 

Weddings in my opinion get too commercial and we forget it is a special day for the bride and groom and we should try and put our own issues aside it is for them to decide who comes 

I do totally get where you are coming from I dread my son getting married and seeing his dad with his new family that he left me for but I know my son will want us all there including his half siblings 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Listener
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2021
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @bekindalways

I don't think we've 'spoke' before so it's lovely to meet you and it's great to hear about your step daughter's upcoming special day.  I too understand how family conflicts can make weddings challenging and if you feel that stepping back is the best choice for you, then go with your gut.  It's a thoughtful touch that you are making the wedding cake and I hope your husband can enjoy the day in some way <3

I've edited out a word you used as, although I know you perhaps intended it in humour, it could read as offensive to some.  Here's a link to our house rules for more about content that is and isn't allowed.   

I hope you have a great Bank Holiday Monday and the weather is sunny where you are.  Take care. 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.