LCWRA backdating — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA backdating

jpjpjp7777
jpjpjp7777 Community member Posts: 19 Listener
edited May 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
hi all,i first i first handed in my fitnote last march 2020 i only done 2 fitnotes in total,i had a wca last augaust they couldnt get enough info so wanted me 2 come in 4 a f2f,so was waitin then i had another health condition in december was handin in fit notes constantly sibnce then had a phone assessment thursday just gone,recived message 2day sayin im in the lcrwa group,will i only b back dated from december plz

Comments

• jpjpjp7777
    i only handed it  in 2 months worth as i wasnt aware that i needed 2 doit evry month
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Each time a Fit Note was about to expire I would have expected you to get a notification on your UC journal that you needed to provide a further note.
    If your Fit Notes were not continuous then that complicates the situation and we cannot say when DWP will decide to pay the LCWRA element from.
    Had the Fit Notes been continuous the LCWRA elect would be payable from about July last year. 

Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • jpjpjp7777
    i didnt get no notification about expiry thats y i didnt know they had 2 b continuouse
  • jpjpjp7777
    any1 else been through this
  • lou87
    lou87 Community member Posts: 48 Connected
    any1 else been through this
    Hi could you get a backdated sick note to cover the whole period if your health condition is continuing? I think mine was backdated 14 month's i had a 2 month gap of going back to work but the 14 month's were continuous i think they don't pay the first 12wks if its still the same i got awarded mine in 2019 so could of possibly changed. Good luck 
    ?
  • jpjpjp7777
    ty ill c  wot they say
  • lou87
    ty ill c  wot they say
    It's worth a shot. I had no idea how it all worked when i had to claim universal credit i had no idea i was supposed to hand my sick note into them because I was getting paid from my employer each month it wasn't mentioned because I didn't have much contact with the job centre. If there had been no gap in sick notes I'd of received 2yrs worth of backpay but i ended up with 14 month's worth it helped me in the end because that was such a hard time in my life to get through on such a low income at the time the lcwra element helped me massively. I do hope you can get a backdated sick note ?
    ?
  • jpjpjp7777
    happy 4 u...ty
  • lou87
    happy 4 u...ty
    Your welcome ?
    ?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.