It's been 4 months since I was awarded LCWRA - when should I receive a payment? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

It's been 4 months since I was awarded LCWRA - when should I receive a payment?

Options
Casper8
Casper8 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited May 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi, new to group, hopefully someone can help, I applied for lcwra back in March 20, had my assessment and was awarded this back in January 21, was initially told I would receive details in seven days, I still haven’t been paid, my work coach said there was a 3 month delay then said the delay was longer due to COVID. Is this normal, I feel as though I am just bothering my work coach for the same answer but really don’t know who else to ask. Thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You should be entitled to payment of the LCWRA element from about May last year. Exact timing depends on exact date you notified your health condition and what date you get UC paid on.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Casper8
    Options
    Hi, I told them last March, I just really naively thought once it was awarded it was just a case of processing the payment, I would never have believed it’s been over 4 months so far, thanks for your advice x
  • Popdiva43
    Popdiva43 Community member Posts: 170 Pioneering
    Options
    im sorry to hear this casper,i dont understand why its taking so long,as i had my assessment 4 weeks ago,and received my backdated payments the next day.
  • Casper8
    Options
    Aw I’m pleased for you, must be a relief. This certainly has been an eye opener x
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Casper8 said:.. I would never have believed it’s been over 4 months so far, ..
    That really doesn't seem right. You might want to raise this as a matter of concern with your MP.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Casper8 it isn't your work coach you should query this with bur the dwp themselves 

Put a note in your journal and mark it a payment query stating you are still awaiting backpay from your award 

This should then be seen by your case manager 

Alternative ring dwp to enquire what is happening and request to speak to your case manager or for a call back 
  • Casper8
    Options
    thanks, will give that a try, I’ve been phoning universal credit but they just keep saying leave a note in journal for work coach, I’ve also been told to call the assessment centre, esa helpline and hmrc which has all turned out to be nonsense. I just feel I’m bothering my work coach for same answer x
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The others you have tried ars nothing to do with your payments only dwp can help 

Be quite stren in your journal and as I said when you are asked type of query put it as payment ot service issue 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Casper8 and welcome to our online community,

That is an extraordinarily long time to be waiting - have you been managing ok?  Please do follow up the actions suggested, and if you need to speak with a local MP about it, you can find yours via this government website.

Just to let you know - I've moved your thread to our Universal Credit category so it's in a better spot to be seen by others with a similar question and I've also amended the title.  Please let us know how you get on and good luck.     
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Casper8
    Options
    Thanks for everyone’s advice, I’ve left a note in my journal, hopefully hear back soon, will keep you all updated, my daughter said same sort of thing, I need to toughen up in my messages demand to know definite timescale lol
  • jpjpjp7777
    jpjpjp7777 Community member Posts: 19 Listener
    Options
    Popdiva43 said:
    im sorry to hear this casper,i dont understand why its taking so long,as i had my assessment 4 weeks ago,and received my backdated payments the next day.
    hi,how did u receive it the next day doesnt it take 3 days 2 clear....i had my assessment 27 th may this year found out i have lcwra on the 30th may 3 days later,wen shoukd i hear of n e backdated money owed 2 me plz
  • Kassius
    Kassius Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    After a WCA it was decided that I had LCWRA. Received the automated UCD81 letter dated 2 February 2023.
    5 months after that I messaged the department and strangely enough a decision maker was supposed to make contact. That was 13 months ago.
    All that became of it was more sanction threats if I did not engage in UC appointments, but neither happened. 
    Not proud or happy. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,151 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Kassius said:
    After a WCA it was decided that I had LCWRA. Received the automated UCD81 letter dated 2 February 2023.
    5 months after that I messaged the department and strangely enough a decision maker was supposed to make contact. That was 13 months ago.
    All that became of it was more sanction threats if I did not engage in UC appointments, but neither happened. 
    Not proud or happy. 
    This is an old thread from 2021. 

When found to have LCWRA you can't be sanctioned and not expected to attend any appointments. Are you 100% certain that the decision was LCWRA and not just LCW? You can check back on your journal at the decision letter. 

If it is have you been receiving extra money for the LCWRA element? If not are you claiming UC with a partner that already receives this element on your claim. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Kassius
    Options
    100% positive the decision was LCWRA and not the latter. I downloaded and kept the letter for future reference soon after it was uploaded. Unknown to me the work coach was unaware of the decision until I had reason to relay it, afterwhich the system was updated.
    Answering your questions, I am single and haven't been in receipt of the element since the assessment outcome. 
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,081 Scope online community team
    Options
    HI @kassius and welcome to the community. 

I'm sorry to hear about your issues with your award, I understand how hard (and infuriating) it can be.
    I can see Poppy is already advising you, but I just wanted to stop by and say hello. :)
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Kassius said:
    100% positive the decision was LCWRA and not the latter. I downloaded and kept the letter for future reference soon after it was uploaded. Unknown to me the work coach was unaware of the decision until I had reason to relay it, afterwhich the system was updated.
    Answering your questions, I am single and haven't been in receipt of the element since the assessment outcome. 
    Put a message onto your journal under the payment section and ask them why you haven't yet started to receive the element. If you get no joy through that then I'd advise you to contact your local MP and explain to them exactly what's happened. They will be able to contact UC on your behalf.https://www.parliament.uk/get-involved/contact-an-mp-or-lord/contact-your-mp/
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Kassius
    Options
    @poppy123456 and @Albus_Scope
    Hi to both.
    I just might pluck up enough courage and follow your advice. I loathe the idea of making a fuss over anything.
    If I do and it works out, will let you know. Thanks much for your advice and have a goodun. 
    Hasta luego. 
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,081 Scope online community team
    Options
    No worries @Kassius, you got this! 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Kassius said:
    @poppy123456 and @Albus_Scope
    Hi to both.
    I just might pluck up enough courage and follow your advice. I loathe the idea of making a fuss over anything.
    If I do and it works out, will let you know. Thanks much for your advice and have a goodun. 
    Hasta luego. 
    You're not making a fuss at all. You are only wanting to receive exactly what you're entitled to and at the moment you're not. It's so wrong! I hope you're able to get this sorted. Please do consider contacting your local MP if you don't get anywhere with UC. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.