Do I have more? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do I have more?

Options
Mammoth
Mammoth Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi all.
About 3 years ago I was diagnosed with depression but after the 2+ years recently I am at a all time low but now getting flashbacks, crying randomly, on edge all the time, contemplating self harm to either give me a reason to cry, or to focus a pain rather than how I feel inside.
I have tried talking to gp but just upped my meds and other than that I'm waiting on outlook southwest. 

I'm just feeling lost. 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Mammoth and I'm sorry to how you have been feeling. I personally suffer with flashbacks, due to PTSD, and I can definitely relate to feeling lost. We're not medical professionals nor qualified, but we are a friendly bunch of people and we're here for you.

I'm sure a member of the community team will reach out to you soon to offer support :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been feeling depressed, have you anything you can do to take your mind off it? Sometimes we dwell on things and ruminate and it can make things seem worse. Have you anyone you can talk to, perhaps a friend or relative? 

Try to remember how strong you really are, deep inside you must be to have struggled with depression for three years or so. Try also to get some good sleep tonight and I hope that tomorrow will feel like a a brand new day for you, as of course it is. 
    Best wishes. 

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Hi @Mammoth How are you doing today?

I'm sorry things remain hard emotionally for you and thank you for reaching out to tell us more, so we can help.  Do you have any idea how long you will be waiting for the Outlook South West appointment?  Also, did you tell your GP about your thoughts of self-harm?  It may be that you need a little more time to feel the benefit of your medication increase, however this is something you'd need to liaise with your GP about so don't hesitate to make an appointment if you feel things are no better/worsening, or you could always ask to speak with a different doctor for a second opinion.  

Previously, I mentioned some mental health organisations who you could speak to at any time.  Please do give these a call/text if you need someone to talk to.  They are:
    While if ever you feel that you might harm yourself, or your welfare might be in danger, please call 999 and ask for the relevant emergency services.  

Do you have anything nice planned for today?  The sunshine is a great mood lifter for some people so maybe distracting yourself with a bit of gardening or a little walk might be a positive boost?

Please keep us posted and I hope things will feel brighter for you soon  <3
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.