Hi, my name is mychway! Looking for tips on weight loss. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is mychway! Looking for tips on weight loss.

mychway
mychway Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi there, I am overweight, and I begin to eat less last month. I wanted to lose weight successfully. If you have better tips on weight loss, don't hesitate to let me know. Thanks

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @mychway and a warm welcome to our online community!  How are you this gloriously sunny day?  :)

Well done you for deciding to take steps towards losing weight.  Is this something you've ever spoken with your GP about?  If not, I'd encourage you to contact them so they can offer professional advice about diet and exercise, plus look at referring you to local services i.e. weight loss groups/walking groups.  

Uppermost it's important to not drastically reduce your calorie intake - by missing breakfast/not having regular meals - to help you lose weight in a healthy way that you can maintain safely.  Here's some NHS tips on how to lose weight.

Whilst, we've also had a few threads about this topic in the past that you might like to read for ideas, these are:
    How are you finding the diet so far?  Please keep us posted and good luck.

Just to let you know, I've moved this thread to our Healthy living category and amended the title to help others spot what it's about.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

Good luck with your weight loss I would say cutting down and eating healthy is the best option lose it slow and its about changing your lifestyle the best way to maintain your weight 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @mychway and welcome to the community, I hope you've found the above advice helpful. 

I wish you the very best with your weight loss, have you discussed the subject with your GP?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    If I need to lose weight then I cut out cakes/biscuits and fizzy drinks, but as above the best way is to do it slowly better chance that way of your weight staying down.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• fluffycat
    fluffycat Community member Posts: 233 Pioneering
    (1) Do it slowly so not left starving and can stick to a plan over a long time (own or from a book etc.)

(2) Appreciate it's easier at the start as you have more scope to shave calories off as your calorie requirement is higher when heavier 

(3) Don't have naughty food in the house and if want to be naughty buy a small portion so not tempted.

(4) Healthier Food swaps for food out of the house. 

(5) x GOOD LUCK x

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.