Do you like the latest warmer weather? — Scope | Disability forum
New to the community? Remember to read our community guidelines and our community house rules.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Do you like the latest warmer weather?

fluffycat
fluffycat Member Posts: 215 Pioneering

Do you like the latest warmer weather? 10 votes

YES love it
60%
woodbineGarzajaner196766MustangTori_ScopeRoss_Scope 6 votes
NO not my cup of tea
40%
leeCalOverlyAnxiousfluffycatLadyL 4 votes

Comments

• fluffycat
    fluffycat Member Posts: 215 Pioneering
    NO not my cup of tea
    Too hot (more so humid and sun beating down) 

Only saving grace is it's a little cooler from 8 or 9 pm (Early Morning if up early)

• janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 12,213 Disability Gamechanger
    YES love it
    Bit mixed fetling tbh like it to certain degree bug been bit too hot early evening and the sunlight hurts my eyes and can't see without my dark glasses 
    Here to help with my experience in hunan resources and employment rights 
  • Ross_Scope
    Ross_Scope Posts: 4,912

Scope community team

YES love it
    It's been a nice change from the dull first half of the year weather wise, but it always makes me feel so tired when it's this warm
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Talk to our chatbot and give us feedback on the community.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Member Posts: 4,222 Disability Gamechanger
    NO not my cup of tea
    I prefer the cool. 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community Co-Production Group Posts: 5,549 Disability Gamechanger
    YES love it
    I voted yes but I've spent most of the day in an air conditioned car.

I wonder what I would have voted if I'd been doing manual labour outside. :D 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 5,256 Disability Gamechanger
    YES love it
    I used to hate the warmer weather but as i've got older i appreciate it more now
    Offering PIP advice to people with epilepsy.
  • LadyL
    LadyL Member Posts: 46 Connected
    edited June 2
    NO not my cup of tea
    I do like it when the sun is shining, and it does look much nicer than a cloudy overcast day.

However, the warmer weather means more pollen, which doesn't help when you have hayfever, :/ plus more bugs. :fearful: Also, due to having RA, if it's too warm with the added humidity, my joints swell up. 😓

Besides, it is much easier to warm up then stay cool. Although, it is also nice to have reduced heating costs for a bit. 🤣
  • Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community Co-Production Group Posts: 1,523 Pioneering
    I love the warm weather. Though like most midday can be a little too much. Evening from 5pm to 7pm before dinner with a Gin or two is lovely. 💕

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.

Fancy a chat in our virtual coffee lounge?

Put the kettle on and have a chat in our coffee lounge with other members. We talk about hobbies, games and anything else you can think of!

Cerebral Palsy (CP) Online Cafe

Here's a new opportunity for people with CP or a similar disability (aged 20+) to get together and chat. The sessions are in partnership with CP Sport so you can find out more and meet people from both organisations.

Are you struggling?

Read our 'Coping with stress, low mood and isolation' support thread for a run-down of ideas on how to banish those blues and feel happier.

What do you think about the community?

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community a better space for you.

Information about COVID-19

If you have questions about the virus, please read our information and support which includes guidance on benefits, getting food and essentials and Cerebral Palsy.

Back to school this September?

Read tips on how to settle back in and handle any worries you or your children might be having this new term.