Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Not received my payment

Options
Dave2378
Dave2378 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hello 

i did did not receive my esa today and have not got any letters from DWP about any assessments or face to face. I am a homeless guy who depends on this payment to survive and having depression and anxiety really is affecting me so much.. I hope some one can help, does any know if any problems with Esa my payments go into my bank every 2 weeks on Wednesdays.. Thanks 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

All you can do is give them a call as we don't know reasons why 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,147 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Dave2378 - I see you've just joined the community, & I'm sorry to read about your problems. I don't know why, but every so often we get our members saying their ESA payments haven't come through. As Jane says, you will need to ring them to get this sorted. They usually do a manual payment for you which you should receive quickly.
    As far as being homeless goes, is anyone trying to help you? Shelter is a good charity to try if not: https://www.shelter.org.uk/
    Have you got a GP who may be able to help you with your anxiety & depression?
  • Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Options
    Might possibly be a day late cos of the bank holiday? But they normally pay things earlier rather than late so may be a mistake but it's all guessing really unfortunately you will have to make the dreaded call ?? hopefully it's something that's easy to sort out! I'm sure it will be... Good luck and stay safe! 
  • Dave2378
    Options
    Thanks guys for your messages.. Does any know the correct 0800 to call Esa..
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,147 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Dave2378 - from what I can see online it's 0800 169 0310 for an existing claim (Mon - Fri 8am - 6pm)
  • Dave2378
    Options
    Hi guys 
    just a quick question, I have my brother address as a care of address, me and his wife do not get along can she tell Royal Mail to stop.. Bec I have asked my brother if any letters and he told me "no letters". I am thinking maybe she has blocked all my letters. 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    It’s more than likely just a clerical error. The sooner you call the sooner it’s rectified. 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2021
    Options
    @Dave2378 Hello and welcome to our community!  How are you doing?

Did you ring the ESA helpline number?  If so, what did they advise?  They are best placed to advise on what's happening, and I hope they can provide you with some answers and hurry your payment.  If things are financially tight, then you might also want to see if your bank has a vulnerable customer team who can offer some personalised support.  Are you managing okay food-wise?

With regards your concerns about postal arrangements, do you have an alternative address where post could get delivered?  This could be something you discuss with Shelter, as-well as getting advice around help with your housing situation.  You can contact Shelter online over or over the phone and they are an excellent team.

Is your GP providing support in connection with your anxiety and depression?  I'd definitely recommend keeping them up to date with what's going on and how you're feeling so they can support you through this difficult time.  While, in addition to this, you can contact various mental health organisations free anytime of the day; these are:
    I'm going to email you now to see if there is any other way we can provide help, so please keep a look out for that.

Take care and keep us posted.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Dave2378
    Options
    I don't know how to say but.  My depression and anxiety    as got to all time high due to stress of not eaten and worry and panic over this Esa.. I'm sorry guys but I think it is time for me, thank u to all for your help and support...even my own brother does not want to help get this sorted out with me.. So better I 
  • Emilyb81
    Options
    What's happened? Have you spoken to them yet hun?? 
  • Emilyb81
    Options
    Try your best to shut your head up please because its f-ing with you right now! I have the same thing negative thinking all day long it makes me believe I should not be here either but its all nonsense! This is just a small issue that needs to be dealt with asap? They will sort the payment out when you call them? Please remember you are here for a reason? We go through a lot of **** but when we come out the other side battered and bruised we can maybe help someone else who has the same stuff happening? You are not pointless or worthless?! Just the opposite! 
  • Dave2378
    Options
    Bec of my depression and anxiety I normal have my brother talk to them. As well as been homeless..I am with my brother but this time my brother is not going to help bec of his wife telling him not to help.. This is why I really need to talk to them before their close my esa. 
  • Emilyb81
    Options
    Do you have any support workers? 
  • Emilyb81
    Options
    I don't actually know what the procedure would be if someone needs to speak on your behalf? I am sure it can be done if you give permission but again I don't know how that's done so hopefully someone else here will know? Hang tight hun there's still hours left of the day you will get this sorted out! :-) its not as negative as it seems! 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Helllo @Dave2378

I have just sent you an email from community@scope.org.uk, it would be great if you could give it a read and get back to us :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.