If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA

Options
12091978 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
edited June 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi I'm really confused ,, I got an email yesterday saying i have been awarded LCWRA. But the form i filled in was how my disability/illness effects me ,, i had a work capability assessment by phone on Wednesday 12th May but i thought this was for PIP?? Do i need to make a new claim for PIP or what happens now ?? My mobile number is  if someone could explain to me please. Many thanks 
Tagged:

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    A work capability assessment is for UC.
    A PIP assessment is different.
    Claiming PIP and a LCWRA for UC are different claims.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
    12091978 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    Options
    Thanks Calcotti,, so could i submit a claim for PIP too ? Can i receive both LCWRA and PIP ?? Many thanks 
  • DanielleGee
    DanielleGee Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    @12091978 I would submit a pip form worth trying for even if you don’t get it! You can get both together! I’ve just been awarded lcwra and was awarded pip last July. Lcwra is different from pip though as it is about your capability to work or look for work or anything work related and pip is about how your health condition affects your everyday life. 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    12091978 said:
    Thanks Calcotti,, so could i submit a claim for PIP too ? Can i receive both LCWRA and PIP ?? Many thanks 
    Yes you can receive both.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @12091978 Good morning there, and I hope the information you've received on this thread has helped answer your question :)

Just to let you know, we've removed your mobile number and full name from your original post.  This is in line with our community house rules, and is done to safeguard you and your personal identifiable information.  Please be careful when constructing future posts to avoid giving out details that might compromise your safety.

If you have any more questions, please fire away.  In the mean-time, have a lovely day in this beautiful weather! 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.