Hi, my name is car0line! Grant for moving house — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is car0line! Grant for moving house

Options
car0line
car0line Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I have just moved to be near my family because I'm disabled. I wald like to know if I can get a grant for carpets, sofer and bed I can get in and out of. I housed all I had saved to pay for the move.if anyone can halp with information. I'd be very grateful. Thank you.

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @car0line

Welcome to the community, how are you? 

Glad to hear you're near your family, are you renting? If so is it privately or social housing? That will impact whether you can make certain changes like a new carpet. 

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • car0line
    car0line Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    It is social housing I did a swop 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    Often council and housing associations have furniture pack schemes and other schemes to help with additional costs. You could ask and see what they say, however this is not guaranteed. 

Turn 2 Us have a grants search facility where you can search for what’s available, however a lot of them will require a professional to apply on your behalf and they won’t be operated quickly. 

Failing that, use eBay, free cycle and gumtree to try and find cheap second hand. 

Hope this helps. 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    Often council and housing associations have furniture pack schemes and other schemes to help with additional costs. You could ask and see what they say, however this is not guaranteed. 

Turn 2 Us have a grants search facility where you can search for what’s available, however a lot of them will require a professional to apply on your behalf and they won’t be operated quickly. 

Failing that, use eBay, free cycle and gumtree to try and find cheap second hand. 

Hope this helps. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.