Should I apply for pip now or wait till DLA stops — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Should I apply for pip now or wait till DLA stops

Options
Cutelady60
Cutelady60 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
I had I definite DLA but as you all know it’s stopping I was wondering if I would be better to apply for pip now as I have a lot more illnesses since 1996 I have severe mental health issues EUPD plus severe anxiety Copd stage 2 widening of the airways arthritis in knees neck and now right food from a fracture I have a lot of back up info a support worker. NES non epileptic seizures when I applied for DLA it was for epilepsy and mental health what do you think plus I get so out of breath walking have to stop every few mins I also have Alexia a form of dyslexia word blindness what do you think. Should I wait or should I apply for pip now.

tricia 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

Personally but only my opinion I would wait till they contact you to apply for pip 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Depends on what level of DLA you currently receiving veg compared to what level of PIP you might now qualify for. Not something to do without fully understanding how PIP works and how it is assessed.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,759 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    DLA and PIP differ in many ways and PIP isn't about your illnesses/conditions but what impact they have on your daily living and/or mobility.
    Personally I would do as @janer1967 suggests and wait, it won't be long now.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Cutelady60
    Cutelady60 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    Options
    I wrote it all down for Dash so when I call them I can show them all. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Cutelady60 :) It's good that you've made notes so that you can be prepared when you speak to DASH. I hope that they can help you to work out your next steps. 

I'm glad to hear that you have a support worker. Are you getting enough support for your physical and mental health at the moment?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.