I've lived in the Flat in central Sheffield nearly 15 years and want to move to a smaller property! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I've lived in the Flat in central Sheffield nearly 15 years and want to move to a smaller property!

Options
Above.

Since SYHA disbanded the Cluster Project 10 years ago, we get almost no support from the Housing, and they keep turning up unannounced to do stuff like the annual smoke alarm checks at the behest of the local Fire service! Like the other Friday I was fast asleep at 8.45 AM, the Housing lady turns up, with someone from the Fire service, the vibrating alarm under my Pillow abruptly woke me up and I was like, what the hell?! I was getting up shortly anyway for the 9 AM with the carer but that's beside the point!

Anyway moving on from my long rant about nobody ever tells me anything... Due to the lack of support from the Housing, would there be anywhere else local with 24/7 on site support? Preferably in the S6/S3 areas of Sheffield? I found a place recently following a scout of Google, with a company called Voyage Care but it's right up at Beauchief, I don't know the area at all and my Parents live in S6 and I don't want to live miles from them as they're both 70 odd and don't like driving long distances.

Can anyone offer advice?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.