Using Covid as an excuse! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Using Covid as an excuse!

Options
Sorry_Susan
Sorry_Susan Community member Posts: 58 Courageous
Since lockdown started we have tried to access (free) mobility scooters at High Elms Country park near our house. The story is that they cannot accept new users as they cannot supply training due to Covid. I find this ridiculous as the training will be outside and people can wear masks - shops are open, restaurants are open. I am so frustrated! Right through lockdown disabled people and their carers have been shafted - I have not had any respite since the first lockdown.
Aargh! I cannot take this any more.

Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

I am sorry to hear this I do tend to agree that it seems like some services have used it as an excuse bit you need to bear in mind staff shortages and staff having to work from home and also provide care for children etc 

Hopefully things are getting a bit more back to normal 
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Susan, I get you entirely! So many things are impossible to access or do, due to "these difficult times". I am sick of hearing that excuse!
    Love Polly xx
  • Sorry_Susan
    Sorry_Susan Community member Posts: 58 Courageous
    Options
    Thank you for your comment @Username_removed. I had not given that side of it any though. I guess there is always two sides to any story.
    I did however manage to get confirmation from High Elms country park that the service would resume on 28 June. Yeah! Tried to book a tramper this morning only to be told that it was not available after all. Turns out that the 'risk assessment' was done but not passed on to the staff who should be aware of it!? Nope, the staff involved are not off and turned out to be at work after I started asking to speak to a manager.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.