I'm a migraine sufferer. Are they any benefits for people who can work part time? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I'm a migraine sufferer. Are they any benefits for people who can work part time?

Options
Titchnuss
Titchnuss Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I suffer from violent Migraines , i have 3 part time job's, all cleaning, a job i love, but have had to go back to, as my other job as a breakfast cook in a hotel, was too much for me, and wasnt getting much rest bite to be able to cope and manage my Migraines.  I get weekends off now and, bank holidays, but one of my jobs is really hecktick, to which i wish i could give it up, but i cannot afford to do so.  Every night i come home from that one, I am in agony, especially in this heat.  I am on regular medication from the doctors, had a consultation with a Occupational Health advisor, To say i do have a disability and to manage my absent triggers accordingly.  I do want to continue to work , but cannot get help from PIP2 for support.   Can anyone advice me if there is a benefit out there for us, who can  work at least part time, for mental health reason, to be able to still have a working life, social life. see people, rather ran be confind to the bedroom or bathroom floor because of this ilness.  Please help ??
Tagged:

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.