Advice on best wheelchair — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice on best wheelchair

Options
weeyin
weeyin Community member Posts: 30 Courageous
Hi

I am looking for advice on the best lightweight manual folding wheelchair?

At the moment I am thinking the Quickie Krypton F Folding chair would be best.  It is a phenomenal amount of money so really need to my homework on it!  I would be using my only savings and my parents and partner will help me with the money towards it.

I would like advice from anyone that uses a lightweight folding chair.  Would this be my best buy or is there a better option?

Comments

• littleacorn
    littleacorn Community member Posts: 368 Pioneering
    Options
    It is very difficult to advice for someome else. It depends on your size, weight, how it will be transported, folding or wheels off etc. All I can say is go and physically look and try as many as you think are suitable. Some companies will bring them to your home for a demonstration or have them delivered for you to try out. Take your time and research as much as possible. Good luck
  • weeyin
    weeyin Community member Posts: 30 Courageous
    Options
    I know it is difficult for others to advice.  I need a folding manual chair as I will be transporting it in my car.  I’m 8st and 5’1.

Im hoping to get a couple of demonstrations over the next week or so.  Thank you

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.