I won my MR. Why haven't I received my back dates payment yet? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I won my MR. Why haven't I received my back dates payment yet?

Steve_1908
Steve_1908 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
edited June 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone,
Applied for PIP back in Nov 2020. After telephone interview received letter stating wasn't eligible so went through Mandatory Reconsideration. During that phone call was told i was eligible for both standard rates.. 
Today i received payment of £698, but that obviously isnt the back dated total of 28 weeks. Can anyone help or explain why i haven't received that payment amount

Thanks

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2021
    You'll need to speak to PIP to find out. You should get a letter shortly confirming the award and the attars payment.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • atlas47
    atlas47 Community member Posts: 238 Pioneering
    Hi @Steve_1908

I think you might be best served, if you waited till you received your Award Letter, which will set out in detail, how the arrears have been calculated.

By all means feel free to call the PIP helpline :0800 971 22 22. But if the Award Letter has not yet been sent out, it might not show up on the system.

Be warned you face an hour’s wait to get through to a call handler. As I have recently found, when attempting to notify a change of address.

Hope this helps.
  • Steve_1908
    Steve_1908 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    ok thanks for you help will wait to receive letter 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    I see from your new thread atet they have only awarded you standard rate mobility hence the size of the arrears payment.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.