Hi, I'm roxi31! Lost PIP and struggling with club feet and talipes. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Hi, I'm roxi31! Lost PIP and struggling with club feet and talipes.

roxi31 Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited June 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone. 
basically I was born with severe club feet and talipes ,which has severely effected mussle growth in both legs . I have no calve mussle what so ever. 
I had pip since the day I was born , lost it a few years ago .I relyed on this to help me get around. Now I'm 31 I'm suffering everyday . At work my feet swell ,I can't walk down my stairs without my needs shaking. Bone on the top of my foot constantly throbs where I'm flat footed. Iv formed thick hard skin under the one foot it's NUM. I have two different size feet one size 6 and other is a 3 . 

Iv tryed so hard to get my pip back to help me get out . As transport isn't an option . 

I have 3 children who rely on me I'm useles. Please help me 


  • janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 16,428 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

    You are not useless and I'm sure your children don't think so 

    Do you get any support from your gp at all or have a specialist 

    Would also suggest podiatry to deal with the hard skin 

    As for pip there is lots if advice in our pip section  . Have you ever appealed the decision  at all 
    Get some advice from welfare rights 

    Keep us informed or ask any questions 
  • Cher_Inactive
    Cher_Inactive Posts: 4,400 Scope online community team
    Hello @roxi31 and a warm welcome to our community.  How are you doing today?

    I'm sorry you lost your PIP award.  I know how big a help that money can be.  When you say that you tried to get it back - did you ask for a mandatory reconsideration (MR) or go to tribunal?  How many points did you receive for the components (daily living/mobility), if you can remember?  For free local independent welfare advice, you can visit the Advice Local website (enter your postcode and Welfare Benefits from the drop down list on the home page).

    Also, what support are you receiving with your feet?  Have you informed your GP or care team about the numbness and hard skin?  Please don't suffer in private, you don't have to go through this alone so if you haven't already, let them know  <3

    It sounds like this is taking an emotional toll too which is understandable given the chronic pain, how's your mood in general?  You definitely aren't useless and it sounds like you are still determinedly going to work, even given the difficulties faced.  I'm sure your kids love you to bits.  Would your workplace putting in reasonable adjustments make it easier to manage?

    Apologies for all the questions but if you can give us a few more details, we'd love to help.  Just to let you know, I've tweaked the title of your thread and moved it to our PIP, DLA and AA category too.  

    Take care and I hope to speak with you again soon :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

    Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • atlas47
    atlas47 Member Posts: 238 Pioneering
    Hi @roxi31

    A very warm welcome.

    Sorry to learn about your current difficulties and the loss of your PIP award.

    It strikes me that you need some expert support and guidance.

    I came across this national charity called Steps International, it’s HQ is based in Warrington, but has support groups a cross the UK tel: 01925 750 271 or email [email protected] steps-charity.org.uk.

    Worth making contact to see what support they might offer.

    I would strongly suggest you make an appointment with your GP and see if your employer can refer you to an Occupational Health Doctor/Nurse. To enable you to seek reasonable adjustments in the workplace.

    Please keep us informed on how you get on and let us know if we can assist you, in any other ways.

    Best wishes

    Remember your children love you!


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.