PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

If they change their original decision in MR do they always phone you to tell you?

LeeA380LeeA380 Member Posts: 41 Connected
I am hoping for 8 points on the daily living component, yet only scored 6. I am pretty certain I have grounds for the 8 I was expecting, so I put in an MR.

If they do change their decision and give me the standard award, will they phone me (like to confirm bank details etc.)?

So no news is probably bad news?

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,201 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 
    As far as I am aware
    They don't normally call with mr decision  you get notified by letter

The call to check bank details is normal after tribunal as there could gave been a long waiting period in which bank details have changed 

You may find money is in your bank before you get a letter as they are released at same time and bank transfer is quicker than post 

Let us know how you get on 
  • Cher_ScopeCher_Scope Posts: 4,038

Scope community team

Hi @LeeA380

As @janer1967 said, you'll receive a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) notice letter informing you of the decision so try not to worry if there's a radio silence with phone calls.  It doesn't necessarily mean bad news.

Good luck with the MR and please keep us updated with how it goes :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
Sign in or join us to comment.