If they change their original decision in MR do they always phone you to tell you? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

If they change their original decision in MR do they always phone you to tell you?

LeeA380 Member Posts: 59 Connected
I am hoping for 8 points on the daily living component, yet only scored 6. I am pretty certain I have grounds for the 8 I was expecting, so I put in an MR.

If they do change their decision and give me the standard award, will they phone me (like to confirm bank details etc.)?

So no news is probably bad news?


  • janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 16,311 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 
    As far as I am aware
    They don't normally call with mr decision  you get notified by letter

    The call to check bank details is normal after tribunal as there could gave been a long waiting period in which bank details have changed 

    You may find money is in your bank before you get a letter as they are released at same time and bank transfer is quicker than post 

    Let us know how you get on 
  • Cher_Inactive
    Cher_Inactive Posts: 4,400 Scope online community team
    Hi @LeeA380

    As @janer1967 said, you'll receive a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) notice letter informing you of the decision so try not to worry if there's a radio silence with phone calls.  It doesn't necessarily mean bad news.

    Good luck with the MR and please keep us updated with how it goes :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

    Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.