Hi, my name is Jadziah12! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Jadziah12!

Jadziah12
Jadziah12 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
I have recently lost my husband to aggressive lung cancer and I am sure he is still with me in my house. He did pass away at home. These footprints appeared suddenly when I was in the shower the other day. It was the six month anniversary of losing him. I am the only other person who has been on my bedroom apart from my dog. And I have really small feet. A size three. The footprints appear to be like the trainers my husband wore. I don't have any of them in the house as I  gave them all to charity.  What do you think please?

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Jadziah12 - welcome to this friendly & supportive community, & thank you for joining. I'm sorry to read about what you've gone through in recently losing your husband to cancer, which is a dreadful illness. I don't know what to think about your photo, but, having lost our youngest daughter a long time ago, to me our loved ones are always with us, for, as long as we live, we carry them in our hearts; a difficult, yet so precious burden. <3
  • Jadziah12
    Thank you so much,  I  know he is always with me.  I am sorry for your loss. It has been a difficult time for me as  my husband was only diagnosed in October and passed on 17th December.  He wanted to die at home, so I gave him his last wish. I  am now suffering from post traumatic stress disorder. 
  • Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Hi @Jadziah12 I too am so sorry for your loss :cry: I can't imagine how you must feel! Cancer is a flipping awful and unstoppable nightmare!! ? 
    I just wanted to say about the photo... At the end of the day it really doesn't matter what others think about it because it's about how you feel? He is reaching out to you? Showing you they are still with you and if you believe in your heart that the footprints are his then that's all that matters!
    That photo happened for a reason and they obviously know you needed to see that! Like you said nobody else has been in your home to be able to leave them there? So who else could it possibly be? I genuinely believe that people we love never leave us fully and they are with us when we truly need them to be? And maybe he knew you might struggle around the 6 month mark and wanted to give you a little extra proof of what you already know and feel on a regular basis? I personally think it's awesome! ???️? So on that note I will get back to my bedtime routine (supposedly lol) and I pray that you get and feel the comfort you need and deserve! Big hugs xxx
    Also hugs to you @chiarieds you guys strength is inspirational! Nite nite xx
  • Jadziah12
    Thank you so much ?
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,737 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Jadziah12 welcome, that must of been a devastating time for you, sorry for your loss, I lost my partner 2 and half years ago and it is hard after.
    I'm unsure about the marks on your carpet.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2021
    I'm so sorry @Jadziah12 -  you were so kind & brave in giving him his last wish & I hope you're receiving some help now for the post traumatic stress this has caused you. Thank you for your reply Jadziah12, & also for your much appreciated hugs @Emilyb81 . I'm very sorry for your loss too @Sandy_123 . I will be thinking about you all. <3
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Jadziah12

Welcome to the community, I'm so sorry for your loss, that sounds heartbreaking. I'm sure your husband will never truly leave your side and will always watch over you, if you believe those are his footprints and if that gives you comfort then that's the most important thing. 

Do you have any other family members who have been supporting you through this time? And are you receiving support for your PTSD?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Jadziah12
    Hello, yes I have lots of family and friends thank you. And I am starting a six week therapy course from steps to well being on Tuesday for my ptsd. I  have felt more at ease after seeing the sign and feel my husband is with me always ?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.