Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Study Higher Accessibility in Higher Education Webinar
My name is Charlotte. I am an Outreach Hub Assistant to the Uni-Connect programme Study Higher. As an organisation, we aim to deliver impartial advice to young people in Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire and Swindon about their future options in higher education. We also work with under-represented groups in higher education, such as disabled students.
I wanted to get in touch to let you know about an upcoming Study Higher webinar called Accessibility in Higher Education which is aimed at students who would like to find out more about disability support at university or college. The webinar will take place on 8th July 5pm-6pm and students will be sent in the post an accompanying handout including an ‘applying to higher education as a disabled student’ checklist and a ‘questions to ask at open days’ checklist.
The session will cover:
- Advice on where to go for disability support (from a Disability Support Officer at Oxford Brookes)
- Advice on questions to ask when researching higher education
- Advice on the Disabled Students Allowance (DSA)
- Insight from a recent university graduate on accessing disability support
- Hear from a disabled graduate about the transition from school to career
Thank you in advance for your cooperation. Please do get in touch if you have any questions.
Specialist Information Officer and Cerebral Palsy Programme Lead
Want to tell us about your experience in the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
- All Categories
- 12.9K Start here and say hello!
- 6.6K Coffee lounge
- 42 Games room
- 428 Cost of living
- 4.4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.9K Research and opportunities
- 208 Community updates
- 9.2K Talk about your situation
- 2.1K Children, parents, and families
- 1.5K Work and employment
- 785 Education
- 1.6K Housing and independent living
- 1.4K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 612 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 370 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 758 Transport and travel
- 30.4K Talk about money
- 4.3K Benefits and financial support
- 5.1K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 16.4K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 4.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 6.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.8K Cerebral palsy
- 857 Chronic pain and pain management
- 160 Physical and neurological impairments
- 1.1K Autism and neurodiversity
- 1.2K Mental health and wellbeing
- 322 Sensory impairments
- 819 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions