Study Higher Accessibility in Higher Education Webinar
My name is Charlotte. I am an Outreach Hub Assistant to the Uni-Connect programme Study Higher. As an organisation, we aim to deliver impartial advice to young people in Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire and Swindon about their future options in higher education. We also work with under-represented groups in higher education, such as disabled students.
I wanted to get in touch to let you know about an upcoming Study Higher webinar called Accessibility in Higher Education which is aimed at students who would like to find out more about disability support at university or college. The webinar will take place on 8th July 5pm-6pm and students will be sent in the post an accompanying handout including an ‘applying to higher education as a disabled student’ checklist and a ‘questions to ask at open days’ checklist.
The session will cover:
- Advice on where to go for disability support (from a Disability Support Officer at Oxford Brookes)
- Advice on questions to ask when researching higher education
- Advice on the Disabled Students Allowance (DSA)
- Insight from a recent university graduate on accessing disability support
- Hear from a disabled graduate about the transition from school to career
Thank you in advance for your cooperation. Please do get in touch if you have any questions.
Specialist Information Officer - Cerebral Palsy
Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.