Is there anywhere on the original PIP claim form to include bank details? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is there anywhere on the original PIP claim form to include bank details?

Options
LeeA380
LeeA380 Community member Posts: 59 Connected
I applied for PIP in February and I cannot remember if they have my bank details or not.

If not, then they will need to contact me to get those details before I will see any payment in my bank account.

Currently awaiting decision on MR and wondering if a phone call would mean a better chance of success, rather than opening a latter with no forewarning...

Comments

• Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Options
    I've read a few times on here people have received phone calls to make sure they have the right bank account details so I believe they do make sure? But no harm calling then to make sure they have them I guess? At least then you don't need to worry about it? :smile: I'm waiting for mr decision too 7 nearly 8 weeks since they actually received it or took it now 10 or 11 since I sent it :lol: I hope we get some news soon my nails are gone!! :anguished:
    Good luck @LeeA380 ???
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Hi there 

You normally give your bank details in the initial phone call to apply 

They usually inform you by letter of the mr decision and not by phone 

They call to check bank details normally after a tribunal win because it will have taken time to get that far so details may have changed since the application 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.