Support worker looking for accessible activity ideas in Scotland. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Support worker looking for accessible activity ideas in Scotland.

ErinK26
ErinK26 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello, I’m looking for suggestions of places I can take some service users I support? I work with 8 adults with learning disabilities and are all wheelchair users. Places in Scotland thanks 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ErinK26 - welcome to the community, & thank you for joining in order to help others. I think google may help you find some places, tho it may depend on where you're located, & if you're just looking at day trips. Anyway, perhaps try: https://www.euansguide.com/   & I found the following informative: https://newmobility.com/2016/08/wheelchair-friendly-scotland/  You may be able to search more if you had some places in mind. Let us know how you get on, as accessible places are always good to know. :)
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2021
    Hi @ErinK26 and a big hello and welcome from me :)  How are you doing?

Have you thought any more about possible places you could visit? Scope have some good activity ideas on this 'Days out tips' webpage.  And, there's a new app called Sociability through which disabled people recommend local accessible areas that might flag up something close to where you are.

If you do find somewhere enjoyable and accessible, please keep us updated.  Also, just to advise - I've tweaked the title of your thread to help others spot it who might know Scotland better.  Take care and have a lovely Tuesday.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    A warm welcome to the community from me too @ErinK26 :) 

I hope that the above links have helped. Please do take a look at them, and let us know if you find anything! 

Just to let you know, I've moved your post into a different category. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.