Still here — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Still here

Options
Zec Richardson
Zec Richardson Community member Posts: 154 Pioneering
I haven't posted on here for sooooo long!
My website and the reviews have been keeping me busy and I recently set up a new project DHTV where we live stream twice a month on a Sunday at 6pm (gmt) to discuss all things disability.
My health is still so up and down, of course I don't help as even after 24 years, I am still shockingly bad at pacing and this time of the year I garden till I drop and then have to suffer days of flare up.
Last year I started beekeeping, with my father in law we built a top bar hive that is perfect for wheelchair users and I am loving it!
Here are my beekeeping videos on YouTube
I have to say that the way the UK is going, that I am very nervous about the future for everyone but especially people with a disability and or chronic health condition. I have been trying to ignore the news as it has impacted my mental health.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome back you have been keeping yourself busy 

The news can ar times be pretty black and yes avoid it if it causes you issues 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,618 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Welcome back. I don't think I've seen you before so you must have been away busy for some time, it is nice to meet you :)

I am with you on avoiding reading the news as it causes me issues as well. I only seek out non-political news stories which I find interesting - in particular science news - pieces about the probes landing on Mars for example, or news about particular subjects like a new car that is coming out.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.