Had my PIP telephone assessment. Is it good news DWP received the report the following day? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Had my PIP telephone assessment. Is it good news DWP received the report the following day?

Options
siancarly
siancarly Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited June 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi just a quick one after waiting 15 weeks I've had my telephone interview which went well, had a text the following day ? from dwp saying they have received. Just wondering if its good news its got back to them so quick its made me a little anxious ? rang and requested my report today a week after receiving text and they have said they don't like sending it until I have recieved my letter. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

The reports are usually returned to dwp same day or within few days so nothing to worry about 

They often say they can't send out the report but that isn't the case 

If you call again You might get a different response if not insist they send you a copy 
  • siancarly
    siancarly Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    OK thanks for clearing that. Il give them a call tomorrow hopefully get one sent out.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Hi @siancarly

I'm glad the telephone assessment went well.  As mentioned by @janer1967, DWP normally receive reports back within a day or so, which means we have no way of knowing if it's a good sign I'm afraid!

You can definitely request your report, however be mindful that the decision maker doesn't always go with the recommendations made and it might cause you unnecessary stress if you don't agree with the contents.  I understand your eagerness to have a better picture of what might be happening, but if you think it could cause you anxiety or worry, it may be best to hold out until the decision letter :)

Just to advise, I've amended the title of your thread to help others know what it's about.  Good luck, we have our fingers crossed for you a positive outcome.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,628 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's all done electronically now so never takes long.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• buffy6956
    buffy6956 Community member Posts: 29 Connected
    edited July 2021
    Options
    @siancarly

What was the outcome of your claim? I hope it was good news for you 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.