Just been awarded LCWRA but not sure if that means I get more money on UC — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Just been awarded LCWRA but not sure if that means I get more money on UC

LauraW1
LauraW1 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Hi all, I have just been awarded lcwra but have no clue if that means I get more money on uc, would love some help thanks in advance 

Comments

• Luna51
    Luna51 Community member Posts: 283 Pioneering
    Hello @LauraW1

Yes it does, it means an extra £343.63 per month on top of your usual UC Payment (and PIP if you claim that too) 

Hope that helps. ?
  • Luna51
    Luna51 Community member Posts: 283 Pioneering
    But, there is a three month wait for the first payment.

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hu there 

As above yes you get the payment and it is payable from the 4th assessment period from when you reported the medical condition as long as continuous fit notes have been submitted 

If you have already waited longer than this for assessment you will be paid in your next uc payment but any arrears owed will take longer to calculate and be paid as a separate payment 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Listener
    Could I just add that an exception to this would be if you are on a joint claim with a partner already receiving the LCWRA element, as it is only paid once on a claim. 
  • LauraW1
    Thank you yes I get pip also , I was referred back for an assessment in March as previously was Assesed as lwc,so when will I be paid please , thanks all
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Listener
    @LauraW1 did you report a change of circumstances to UC to get a reassessment or was this just a regular reassessment? 

If it was a regular reassessment you should receive your additional money for lcwra from the date of the decision (so in your next payment). 
    If you were reassessed after reporting a change of circumstances it should be backdated to the date of change. 
  • LauraW1
    edited July 2021
    @spuddle
    It was asked for as a change to health condition as was diagnosed with another illness on top of original lcw assessment. Thanks for all ur help by the way, just find it all so confusing

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.