Waiting time for pip 2021/Medical evidence — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Waiting time for pip 2021/Medical evidence

Options
Moo24MPBEM
Moo24MPBEM Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi,

I sent my pip application form off the 3rd week of April 2021,and still haven't heard anything not even a message to say it's been received.I just wanted to know if this was to be expected or if I should be worried it's maybe lost?And generally what are the wait times now before you get your assessment?

Also,is medical evidence needed when you send the form off? I have it if extra information is needed or for my assessment but I didn't attach anything with my form.?Will this effect my claim?

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Moo24MPBEM

Welcome to the community, glad to see you join us. 

I woudln't worry about anything being lost, that length of wait is quite common at the minute I'm afraid, but hopefully it won't be too much longer for you. 

Medical evidence isn't needed, but the right kind of evidence can be beneficial in supporting your claim. By "right" I mean something that explains how your condition impacts you in relation to the PIP descriptors, not just something that confirms a diagnosis.

You could consider a supporting letter from a family member or a friend, who will undoubtedly know you better than a health professional. It's not too late to send anything off so you could still do this if you wanted.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You should work on the assumption that DWP will not contact your GP or anyone else,

The form and accompanying information includes advice on what evidence to send and what not to send. 

If you have useful evidence you can still send it in (copies, not originals).

Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.